Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How to NOT do a raw/vegan lifestyle.
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: April 05, 2011 07:07PM

heya fresh, im not 100 raw, and I LOVE every single raw vegan food ive ever had, except passion fruit, I hate passion fruit, and am not fond of papaya, although Its alright dried, I just do not like the flavor and texture very much... but every other raw food I looooooove, especially fruits during the summer, but I seem to crave greens and sprouts in the colder months, I rarely use any dressings anymore, I just love to munch on the sprouts and greens... bananas I can never eat many in one sitting though without feeling sick...and ive tried...hahaha...I do still eat quite a few of them at times, but its more like "hey, cheap fuel!" than it is "mmmm, banana" *shrugs* to each their own ya know...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 05, 2011 08:41PM

I LLOOOVVVEEE papaya.

Date: April 05, 2011 09:09PM

I know, most people do, raw or not raw...I dont get why I dislike it so much,lol... its funny but I think it may be MOSTLY texture that is an issue for me, I am very sensitive to texture in foods...as when I think about just the flavor components it sounds good, but then I eat papaya...and im just like "blech!"

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: April 08, 2011 07:03AM

Freelee & I are hitting the dates as organic bananas are hard to source here in South Australia. We credit our lean, fit and strong bodies to the high date/banana intakes.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 08, 2011 12:49PM

i've seen many people say that "dates are too sweet"

they all eat cooked food

it destroys the taste and appreciation of raw sweet food.

Date: April 08, 2011 01:58PM

Again with the absolute statements "everybody who finds dates too sweet eats cooked foods." You just don't know what you're talking about when it comes to "everybody".
I find dates too sweet when I am 100% raw, I find dates too sweet when I am eating cooked foods, that taste does not change for me. They are TOO SWEET TO EAT MORE THAN ONE OR TWO. For ME. Accept it.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 08, 2011 02:09PM

I love dates, recently i kind of got put off by them i opened one up from a good vendor i got it from and it had these little brown egg things. Will still eat them but probably inspect everyone individually now lol.

Anyway im on a mission to find a durian in the UK i can only look at so many pictures. Ive been told to look for the asian supermarkets but ive emailed a few and they dont do themsad smiley. I gather its the inside you eat almost looks like house insulation in some pictures lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2011 02:09PM by powerlifer.

Date: April 08, 2011 02:18PM

When you break open the big Bart Simpson spiky hair like shell there are compartments with pods inside, the pods are a creamy custard like sometimes slightly stringy fruit around a large seed. It smells to high heaven like narsty old gym socks forgotten damp in a gym bag shoved into the back of a locker and forgotten about for a month while it fermented and tastes like garlic and onion custard cream pie filling.

Sounds appealing, doesn't it? The one and only time I ate some I was practically gagging from the smell and how rank it tasted but I kept eating it. There is something so disgustingly seductive about durian. I dislike it more than I like though so that first time will probably be the last time.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 08, 2011 04:26PM

i wasn't talking about you coco.

and i didn't say this:
"everybody who finds dates too sweet eats cooked foods."

try reading what i said, and calm down.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 08, 2011 04:40PM

My bf likes durian. Me? Not so much. And it's not just the smell or taste. The visual turns me off. The pods are rather stringy (at least the ones I have had). Gross! I am not too picky but that was a bit much.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 08, 2011 06:06PM

Well coco you have put me off so eagerly trying a durian haha, although ive heard the imported ones are often off and taste disgusting compared to getting one fresh.

Still very interested in trying lots of these exotic fruits i haven't yet.

Date: April 08, 2011 06:38PM

People just love it though, when my little guy was small he pigged out on it at a festival one time. I couldn't get over it, just mowing this guy's whole durian and the bunch around were laughing to see a kid go so crazy over it. Ugh. So stinky though. It's hard to get past that smell. Try it out, you never know...

Date: April 09, 2011 01:36AM

im on the fence about durian, it was worth trying, but I pretty much agree with coco's assessment of it, its so weird...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: April 11, 2011 06:04AM

FRESH durian is the ONLY real durian experience!! smiling smiley

You have NOT tried durian unless you have eaten it farm fresh! smiling smiley

Its like eating a defrosted apple from walmart otherwise!

Date: April 11, 2011 12:05PM

I lived right near China town in Toronto, I've had fresh durian. It's better than frozen but my description still stands.
Did you know, it's banned in many places where it grows because of its smell? Yes, it's that powerful.
Let us know if you give it a try Powerlifer. I always laugh at stories of people who hated it but couldn't stop eating it, haha. It's funny how that happens.

Date: April 12, 2011 06:30AM

I did part 2 this morning.

[youtu.be]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables