Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what's the deal with fruits? good or bad? good or bad for teeth?
Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: September 22, 2006 07:04AM

this is all so confusing..

is becoming a fruitarian a bad thing? too much fruits bad?

is it true that as long as you brush your teeth after or rinse with water it'll not effect your teeth? it makes sense to me, the sugars and the acidity eat away at the teeth...

and why do people say they eat fruits for awhile and everything is good and then it goes downhill.. is this the so called "detox"? can someone explain more about this? will the downhill part eventually go away and you go back up again?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what's the deal with fruits? good or bad? good or bad for teeth?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 22, 2006 07:28AM

I brush my teeth after eating anything sugary.

I can't comment on the fruitarian thing, I've never tried it. Doesn't really appeal to me personally.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: September 22, 2006 08:02AM

If by 'fruitarian' you mean exclusivly fruits, then I think that is not a good diet. As is being discussed in another thread, green leaves are an essential part of a healthy diet for providing minerals, which are important for your teeth.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: monochromatism ()
Date: September 22, 2006 10:33AM

If you eat acidic fruits, it softens the enamel temporarily. Either make your saliva more alkaline with a baking soda swish, or wait a while to brush. Acidic fruits ARE good for you though (but like everything else, in moderation), especially the gums, as long as we're talking about teeth.

And ditto what Funky Rob said.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 22, 2006 10:59AM

Opinions:

-The physcial is an outward manifestation. The idea that you can't judge a book by its cover is somewhat true. You can't see the PROCESS of people....and that is their true spirit.

-Atoms (like all matter) vibrate....at either higher or lower frequencies. Atoms are changing all the time into new matter....by receiving more or less vibratory energy.

-As such...there are those who are physically vibrating differently (as well as mentally). I find that fruits can aid those who are on a spectrum and ready for that. I have been eating only fruits for a bit now (a year or two).....and my experiences are very positive. Talk to Fruitarian One or others.

-I think YOU have to decide what is best for YOU on your evolutionary spectrum. There is no ONE diet that cuts across ALL people and evolutionary adaptations (in the human sub-species).

-Pick YOUR dreams intelligently...and pursue them with all your resources and abandon.

-David Mason

Posted by: khale ()
Date: September 23, 2006 03:29PM

I think its important to keep this whole "fruit is bad for the teeth" in perspective. Meat is bad for the teeth. Refined carbohydrates are bad for the teeth. Stress is bad for the teeth. No matter what one eats good oral hygiene is essential.

Gum disease is on the rise in America and as we all know it ain't from eating too much fruit.

It's important to maintain good circulation to the gums (so exercise is good for the teeth), to keep the mouth clean (tongue scraping is important) and to brush, whenever possible, after EVERY meal. And don't worry about it so much. Stress is really very bad for the teeth as it compromises the immune system.

~Kathleen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables