Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

is the Master Cleanse necessary to cleanse first, or can you simply start eating raw?
Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: September 22, 2006 07:06AM

is it necessary to first do the Master Cleanse to clean out your body before starting on a raw diet fruits and veggies diet?

or do the fruits by themselves detox your body so its not necessary?

for example, if i had a bad Standard AMerican Diet before (im a teenager) and just tomorrow i start eating all fruits and just start changing my eating habits for the better will the fruits detox my body? will i go thru a stage of detox and then it all gets better from there? im curious thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: is the Master Cleanse necessary to cleanse first, or can you simply start eating raw?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 22, 2006 07:33AM

Might help to do a cleanse first if you can handle it but it's not necessary. Go at your own pace and don't feel bad if it's two steps forward, one step back. Just pay attention to what's working. smiling smiley

I wouldn't worry about detox too much. If you are young and reasonably healthy it shouldn't be too bad. If you are feeling bad for a prolonged period (more than a few days) it's probably not detox and a sign you should examine your diet, other habits to see what's going on.

Re: is the Master Cleanse necessary to cleanse first, or can you simply start eating raw?
Posted by: mark58 ()
Date: September 22, 2006 10:01AM

eating raw foods will start cleanzing the system. I did the master cleanse a few weeks ago. It was good but I'm not sure if all that mable syrup was/is a good idea. I've had many cravings for cooked foods and breads since ending the fast. just now getting back to 100% clean, healthy, energizing Raw Food. It feels good!

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 22, 2006 03:16PM

Welcome to raw! Congrats on doing the MC and becoming a raw foodist!

There is no need to MC to start raw food.

I've done the MC several times for short peiods. I stopped it because I felt so toxic, it really does a good job of cleaning you out. Lots of people do less than the 10 days, there was this reporter for a San Fransisco newspaper who blogged her fast and she stopped after 5 days. Because she stopped only half-way through her intended fast, people were thinking it was a failure rather than looking at the fact that she fasted for 5 days. From this I have learned not to set a solid goal but just to start a fast and stop it when my body tells me too.

Date: September 22, 2006 06:16PM

alright thanks everyone! i am so exicted on becoming a fruitarian! im going to try and read lots of people's stories so i can get an idea of what to expect or what to look out for.

but can someone please explain the detox thing more? how come people were saying after a few years of being raw things started happening? can detox take that long to start taking effect? once the detox is over with do things get better again and can you still eat the fruits during the detox? thank you all smiling smiley

Posted by: khale ()
Date: September 23, 2006 03:16PM

I did the MC for 9 days. I hated the Maple Syrup in the end. I had to force myself to use it. Personally, I would not fast this way again. Even thinking about it makes me contract.

Has anyone done Bernard Jensons 7-Day Cleanse? I'm considering doing one in January.

~Kathleen

Posted by: mark58 ()
Date: September 23, 2006 06:02PM

Kathleen,
I would like to hear about "Berneard Jensons 7-day cleanse" where can I read about it?
thanks, Mark

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: September 24, 2006 02:58PM

Folks,

I would avoid Bernard Jensen's 7 day cleanse. It seemed too complicated to me. The master cleanse was easy and effective. I have done it three times to date and the third time was for 20 days. It takes discipline to remove food from one's diet. I often advise people have never done a fast to do a few mini fasts that require no supervision. A twenty four hour fast is great. This would exclude everything from the diet but water. I encouraged a friend that wanted to do the master cleanse to try this for two weeks. One day a week. The next two weeks I encouraged her to do a 48 hour fast and gave her instructions for breaking it. After this she skipped a week and felt very comfortable doing a 10 day master cleanse. She didn't have any of the obstacles that other people have. There were no cravings for food.

For those doing the master cleanse, I had no problem with the maple syrup at all. Make sure if you do the master cleanse you are using organic maple syrup. The chemicals used to process non-organic syrup may have been bothering you in the end if you were using this type.

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: greenman ()
Date: September 24, 2006 03:56PM

Doesn't the body start detoxing itself once you start eating healthy or do you have to do the Master Cleanse?

Date: September 24, 2006 04:42PM

^^ that is what im confused about. it would be neat if once you start eating raw your body detoxifies itself, but a cleanse might be necessary..?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables