Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Running Raw
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: April 13, 2011 04:00AM

Can some one give me a good Idea for a high raw meal plan as a runner. I am running
15-20 miles a week and biking about 25 miles and i walk a lot too... but i am tired... and feeling weak and think maybe i'm not getting enough nutrition
thank you

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Running Raw
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: April 13, 2011 05:48AM

Personally, when exercising, sweet fruits be4, followed by high protein stuff afterward, , makes me feel the best over all, I get best recovery though from high protein be4 and after..., but im sure Durian will chime in soon to let you know, that he swears by just tons and tons of bananas and dates, it works awesome for him, might work just as awesome for you too, id suggest trying a variety of approaches and see how you feel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: April 14, 2011 05:12AM

I ran 8th last week in the Clare Half Marathon. [www.sarrc.asn.au]

You are doing more running training than me, thats for sure.

Read 80/10/10 by Doug Graham plus his other book 'nutrition & Athletic Performance'.

You wont find ANY fast runners eating a high fat diet.

Start with 10g of carbs per kg of bodyweight so you wake up each day with full glycogen so you can train, think and live properly.

Anything over 10% of calories coming from fat will inhibit oxygen transfer and uptake to the cells. Thats like running with a sock in your mouth after a high fat raw meal.

Tim Van Orden is running 35:10 for 10k
Im running 36:07
Mike Arnstein is running 32:48.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2011 05:20AM by durianrider.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: April 14, 2011 07:04AM

told you he'd be here soon ^_^ *waves hi*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: April 15, 2011 06:50PM

36 minutes for a 10k??? well i may be running more but you are for sure running faster... so I know of these books just haven't purchased them to read yet... i don't eat a high fat diet... i can't due to Gall bladder issues... so at most i have 2 tablespoons of hemp or olive oil... typically it's about 1 tablespoons... very occasionally i have an avocado... or a glass of almond milk... but not often... what does a meal plan look like for you on the days you are running... so far i've been running in the evening maybe an hour or so after dinner... i'm sort of new to this regular running thing... so any advice you can give is very much appreciated

love laugh and dream

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables