Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Babies and little children
Posted by: rab ()
Date: April 17, 2011 09:46PM

So often one can see the typical scene: Mothers trying to feed their babies SAD food and babies (and little children) readily refusing to eat...if mothers only knew that they are forcing junk into babies bodies, and getting them addicted to chemicals. If they only knew.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Babies and little children
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 17, 2011 10:02PM

Thing that bugs me (besides the Flamin' Hotz and no-juice juice drink diet) is when mothers (parents) give their babies pieces of bagels, which is hard for the average person to digest! And these kids are teething...I saw a little girl and she did her best to bite into it, but it was more like gumming the dang thing. Ya mash an avocado and there ya go...Or banana...or mango...

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: April 18, 2011 01:13PM

I dont have kids but imagine how it must be out there.
Wasnt there a post here about a couple being arrested for feeding their baby raw foods?
All I know is if I had kids I would go out of my way to make sure they only ate real food.What they would do at their friends house would be out of my control,but hopefully they would reject the junk even then.

Vinny

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:27PM

Recently while driving to work, I listen to some research on NPR radio.
Children were put into a room with foods without parental supervision, the children were all coming from families with strong parental supervision on the foods they HAD to eat even when they did not want to. The researchers found that children when left to themselves will gravitate towards the food their body was missing the most not what the parents would have forced them to eat.
If they had eaten a particular food group hours before, they will move to another group. We loose this ability as we grow because of the parents teachings.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2011 02:29PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:41PM

I was taking care of my mother-in-law's daycare kids one day and I was supposed to feed this little girl lunch, which was a can of spaghetti. There were grapes for snack. I gave her the grapes and she ate a fair amount; so much so that she wasn't hungry for the "real" food eye rolling smiley. Boy was my MIL pissed at me! She comes from a developing country and I think they believe that people die if they miss a meal. I just don't get it. If you come from a place where food isn't as abundant, doesn't it make you more aware that you can take it or leave it? Strange...

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: April 18, 2011 04:20PM

My ex fed his son nothing but canned spaghetti and ravioli. The "vegetable" would be like 1/4 of a can of corn or something, and the kid usually wouldn't even eat that. It was one of the reasons we broke up, it just made me so sick to see, and I couldn't change it because since the kid had been raised on junk he would completely freak out if I tried to make him eat real food.

Posted by: miss jules ()
Date: April 18, 2011 04:21PM

Naw Banana, I think it's whatever is in sight must be eaten.

I have some direct experience with this, and I've seen some weird stuff..it's like the character Precious in Lord of the Rings. It's a mindset and conditioning that's off. I can understand getting upset about it, even if it's in error.

Some of the children I've had experience with came from this sort of thing, famine etc., and it's a panic fraught experience.

I had one little guy who wouldn't move from the refrigerator and would just sit on the floor and stare at it like other kids watch TV. Took about a year to turn him around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2011 04:23PM by miss jules.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables