Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can I, Dare I, Discuss the H-word?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:38PM

Honey! Yes, yes, I understand that this is a VEGAN site and I do not wish to disrespect anyone on here. However, I do have some raw honey questions and I have an inkling that some of you are beegans. And if memory serves, we have talked about royal jelly and bee pollen so...

I have some honey that I bought at Trader Joe's. I don't harbor any illusions about it being raw but I must say that I do not recommend it anyway. It doesn't have any flavor and I have read about companies adulterating honey to stretch it out and maximize profit. Not accusing TJ's but I definitely keep my eyes out for stuff like that. Same thing with olive oil (and I LOVE TJ's olive oil, by the way!). My real question is that I bought some divine honey from Whole Foods. It tasted like it was from the honeysuckle plant and it was very delicate and yet flavorful. The honey was very clear and free-flowing and yet according to a book I just read, it should be crystalized even if not old. And I have bought solid honey before and the propolis was on top and I could even taste bits of wax. It was actually great and lasted a long time. But it was totally solid. I bought it at Marshall's of all places! 2 lbs. for $10. Pretty good deal...So I have contacted a company that claims their honey is raw and unfiltered and asked them why it is so easy to pour and why it's so clear. No answer. I am thinking of asking this company whose honey I love so much the same thing. They claim that they only gently heat it but it's just so hard to believe that's it's really raw...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can I, Dare I, Discuss the H-word?
Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: April 18, 2011 04:12PM

Hmm, I don't really have any advice but all I can say is the raw honey I had a little while ago was solid. Of course it was refrigerated being raw, which would make any honey solid, I'm pretty sure.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 18, 2011 04:14PM

Do we humans really need honey? What is there in honey that cannot be found in fruits and greens?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 18, 2011 05:41PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do we humans really need honey? What is there in
> honey that cannot be found in fruits and greens?

I don't "need" coffee, but well...you know the drillwinking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables