Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can you THRIVE on a raw vegan lifestyle without bananas/dates as your staple?
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: April 21, 2011 03:11AM

I dont mean just survive, I mean THRIVE! smiling smiley Be the fittest, leanest, strongest, most motivated of your life. Zero drugs.

Here is the vid.

[youtu.be]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can you THRIVE on a raw vegan lifestyle without bananas/dates as your staple?
Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: April 21, 2011 06:24PM

The link doesn't work for me...

Re: Can you THRIVE on a raw vegan lifestyle without bananas/dates as your staple?
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 21, 2011 08:50PM

just write what you want to say - please.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: April 21, 2011 10:52PM

You sure can thrive.
I dont eat either and I thrivesmiling smiley

Vinny

Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: April 22, 2011 12:21AM

Harley,

I just watched your video. And I guess my question is what is your point? If this is our "natural diet", which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, it would be fun to see how we lived and evolved moving into temperate climates with all of those date and banana trees along the way. winking smiley Lots of people thrive on a raw vegan diet without a staple at all. The assumption that you have to have a staple, e.g. one food or group of foods, to get your calories from is itself, questionable. What if your staple is seasonal? What do you eat in the off season? Presumably a dried or preserved version of your staple or something else. Sorry, raw vegan doesn't boil down into dates and bananas.

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: April 22, 2011 06:22AM

Maybe he can't write??? I couldn't be bothered watching his videos. He bases everything around his own body. He doesn't have the common sense to realise that many people who have an interest in health / raw foods have weak genetics and compromised systems, and don't have, and will never have the innate ability to eat 30 bananas in one sitting and then go for a boring 300 mile bike run. If he wants to put himself up as an example of a raw foodist, then he should do the Hawaii Ironman. Those guys ( and girls ) are born with good systems and he should compare himself with them. Come on Harley, do the Hawaii Ironman, then more people will respect you - including me, and no cheating.

Just like some people would never be able to bench press 300 lbs no matter how much they trained, for a lot of people the same holds true for his magical diet - it just wouldn't work for them as it does for him.

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: April 22, 2011 02:16PM

I agree BJ.. Durianrider is way too YANG in his approach.

no amount of healthy eating and excersise can remedy a lack of YIN in ones being.

A balance of both is essential for good health.

something for you to consider Durianrider, when you spend 20 mins insulting people in your videos.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: April 22, 2011 02:43PM

I don't bother with his videos either. I just skim over the responses to his threads. lol

I still don't understand why they don't just give DR his own little private section on here so all his followers can stay in one section instead of clogging up the board. The forum was just better before DR took over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2011 02:44PM by BackAgain.

Date: April 22, 2011 07:04PM

So is he saying that one must have these things to thrive? I thought he was going to say how to thrive if one COULDN'T get these foods...

I don't see how anyone can say these foods are THE foods for the human diet. If that is the case a large portion of the earth's population is going to have to die off I suppose, because there is no way we can grow enough bananas and dates to feed the entire earth.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: April 23, 2011 04:12AM

Can anyone that is thriving please put up a youtube vid of you 'thriving'. smiling smiley Cos its easy to have not photo and nobody knows what you look like, how you perform etc and you say 'oh yeah man! Im crank'n it everyday! Im owning life bro!'.

winking smiley

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 23, 2011 06:14AM

In English please!!!!

Date: April 23, 2011 06:55AM

Come on Harley, do the Hawaii triathlon then you will have achieved something for the raw food movement. Eating 30 bananas is no great achievement.

Date: April 23, 2011 03:40PM

I would consider myself to be thriving. smiling smiley BUt not everyone wants to have their images (let alone vids) up on the internet. winking smiley

Posted by: merry ()
Date: April 24, 2011 03:11PM

since dates grow only in hot desert like climates such as Arabia, I would very much doubt that all humans evolved with access to date palms....so I would imagine from that that it should be fully possible for humans to thrive without dates....

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 24, 2011 03:15PM

he's talking about what is easily and commonly available and calorically sufficient.
not necessarily growing next door.

Date: April 24, 2011 03:32PM

But isn't part of veganism supposed to be caring about the environment? Seems having all those bananas and dates shipped everywhere on earth would leave one hell of a footprint...

Date: April 24, 2011 04:02PM

you are correct. we all must weigh those considerations.
but to say that we should only eat local food is impractical i think because we have moved out of more suitable environments.

Date: April 24, 2011 04:03PM

i think DR has a point but i think there are other fruits like grapes and juiced citrus that enable us to thrive as well as bananas and dates during certain times.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: April 25, 2011 02:41AM

fresh, I agree. I am hooked up to dates, but if I don't exercise enough, a lot of dates is just too much for the body. With juicy fruit, you can eat a lot, exercise moderately and still feel fine.

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: April 25, 2011 10:41PM

I don't have bananas every day. I find a bad taste in my mouth which I imagine is candida. But prunes dates and figs I love and would hurt if I couldn't have them.

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: merry ()
Date: April 26, 2011 09:41AM

if you look up Hunza people they certainly seem to be thriving without bananas or dates as part of their traditional diet...
[thepdi.com]

Date: April 26, 2011 11:15AM

And lived long healthy lives eating whatever was grown locally - both cooked and raw without having to use tons of fossil fuels polluting the atmosphere to transport food around the globe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables