Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Video of raw fooder binging on mangoes.
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: May 02, 2011 05:12AM

This guy is emotional eating. One or 2 mangoes is ENOUGH. I mean come on! This guy needs to do some crystal healing course or something. I mean a chimp of the same weight would only eat a quarter of a mango right?

[youtu.be]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Video of raw fooder binging on mangoes.
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: May 02, 2011 02:19PM

Whats the point of this post?
If the guy wants to eat like that,let him do it.

Vinny

Date: May 05, 2011 07:10AM

I think he needs help. Why is he eating so much sugary fruit? He probably has an addictive personality or something.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: May 05, 2011 02:02PM

I guess better to binge on mangoes than on twinkies.

Vinny

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: May 05, 2011 02:20PM

Vinny, Harley is being facetious. He always preaches that you can't eat too much sugary fruit. He certainly doesn't believe in 1 mango meals or crystal healing as a means to better diet.

Date: May 06, 2011 02:56AM

Its just too much sugar. The body needs more fats. Andrew has a fat deficiency and mineral deficit and thats why his body keeps craving sugar. Glycogen actually doesnt exist and was made up by the fructose industry. Mangoes have too much sugar in them and the farmers prey on people like Andrew.

We should aim to become pure and light via eating less and less. Mans higher consciousness is to be able to live on a lick of a mango and a nibble of a dandelion leaf. Anything more is giving into 'pleasures of the ego'.

Namaste.
Durianrideryogananda.

Date: May 09, 2011 06:58AM

Im serious, Doug Graham and all those fitness freaks have got it all wrong. Fruit is hybridised and we need to live on a handful of sprouts mixed with avocado and superfoods. 1 meal a day like the gurus say. When you go crazy, thats just your karma.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: May 10, 2011 12:59PM

I had a friend that used to eat like that except it was pizza. He seemed proud of it also. The weird part was that he was as thin as a stork. It sometimes seemed like he liked rubbing it in, that he could eat so much without getting fat. I often wondered what happened to all that food, it never seemed to show up anywhere on his body. Not fat, barely muscle or bone.

DR, do you have any ideas about what might be going on with someone like that? I know that this is a vegan board. But the idea of eating large quantities of ANY food makes me feel sick.

Your saying that is how I 'Should' be eating? I would only think that is ok if one is hungry and that is what a person really wants to eat. If they are happy and healthy, and all aspects of their life is going well, than I don't see any problem.

This is ideal for everyone?

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: May 11, 2011 12:11AM

I ate half a watermelon just now and that @#$%& went straight to my hips

david

Date: May 11, 2011 05:20AM

Mislu, what is your friend doing today?

I had friends like that 15 years ago and today, their FB updates show me their nearing obesity weight gain. sad smiley

Whats going on? We only see them for a FRACTION of their life. Just look at people on the same diet/lifestyle and hit fast forward 20 years. There is your answer.

Its like the lady with great skin that smokes. She is 20. Fast forward to 40 and we see the damage.

Look at what all that overeating of fruit has done to Doug Graham's body. Its made him 'gut deficient' He should have hefty beer belly by now but his diet and lifestyle is making him 'deficient'. winking smiley

Date: May 11, 2011 12:44PM

The last time I saw him he was still as thin as a rail. I only saw him for a few minutes. I didn't ask him 'how he was eating these days'. or lifestyle anything. I have no idea. I don't imagine him eating like that, so your probably right.

He looks great. What is his age? the one distracting thing is that his face reminds me a little of George Bush jr. I cant imagine his body looking like that however.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 11, 2011 02:36PM

What is the proper amount of mangos to consume at one time? I just ate three Manila mangos this morning. Should I call my sponsor?

Posted by: Jonathan Barlow ()
Date: May 11, 2011 06:58PM

That link is so messed up.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 12, 2011 06:11AM

I wish DR would stop posting that hideous photo

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 12, 2011 06:57PM

HAHA... looks like he was one hungry dude

glad he enjoyed the mangoes
they were created to be

enjoyed
like little packets of sunshine
straight into the bloodstream

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: May 12, 2011 10:01PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> they were created to be
>
> enjoyed
> like little packets of sunshine
> straight into the bloodstream

Very beautifully put smiling smiley

Date: May 12, 2011 10:25PM

I actually watched the vid to the very end this time. It doesn't seem so far out to me now. There was something weird however. I saw an ad for gastric by pass at the end. I am all "who put that there?"

I don't feel so bad eating half a melon for breakfast this morning. My partner asked me mid day what I had. Melon, he said 'thats all?". Not knowing it was half a melon. That really wasn't all that much, a small cantalope. It only seems like its a lot when you are eating different. Also a lot of people may not think to eat only melon.

Date: May 12, 2011 10:39PM

Half a small cantaloupe isn't even 100 calories. Are you sure you're getting enough food?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 12, 2011 11:41PM

i think half a melon is plenty for breakfast

i mean, mislu could eat more food throughout the day if he wanted to LOLsmiling smiley

Date: May 13, 2011 12:58PM

Veghunter & La Veronique,
Thank you for the support. It felt like enough food at the time. However, I am not even approaching high or even mid raw. Its just proving way, way too difficult to practice here. I am so glad I will be moving into an apartment with my partner soon.

Its difficult because I tried stocking up on fruit, and my mil says "i have to share" then most of it goes to waste from 'sharing' or my sil takes the 'excess fruit' away and gives it to someone else.

Meanwhile I got chewed out last night for finishing their 'large amount' of pineapple that I cut up for them recently. There was a large mixing bowl of it in the fridge, fine. Then there was just maybe 1/2 a cup left in a container. I had that as an evening snack. It didn't seem like anything to me. But they were sure upset that it was gone.

Overeating on a substance is all so objective. They think of nothing of eating a large plate of pasta. I guess they just wanted a few pieces of pineapple afterwards. I offered some melon as a peace offering. But nobody was interested. Weird....is all I can think and say.

Date: May 14, 2011 02:05PM

Yay! I'm glad to hear that you may be getting away from what seems like a unhealthy situation soon. I hope you get some much needed breathing room.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: May 14, 2011 02:35PM

Mislu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had a friend that used to eat like that except
> it was pizza. He seemed proud of it also. The
> weird part was that he was as thin as a stork. It
> sometimes seemed like he liked rubbing it in, that
> he could eat so much without getting fat. I often
> wondered what happened to all that food, it never
> seemed to show up anywhere on his body. Not fat,
> barely muscle or bone.
>
> DR, do you have any ideas about what might be
> going on with someone like that? I know that this
> is a vegan board. But the idea of eating large
> quantities of ANY food makes me feel sick.
>
> Your saying that is how I 'Should' be eating? I
> would only think that is ok if one is hungry and
> that is what a person really wants to eat. If they
> are happy and healthy, and all aspects of their
> life is going well, than I don't see any problem.
>
>
> This is ideal for everyone?

Hi Mislu your friend most likely has some sort of absorption issues, or a weak pancreas. People who are really thin often have a weak pancreas and their foods arn't digested and absorbed properly, or maybe he has hyperthyroidism. Nevertheless there is a reason.

Date: May 14, 2011 02:45PM

Workout man,
I figured there was some potential medical problem that was not diagnosed. It could also have been just that he was very active and a teenager. I was active then also, and in my teens, but I could never eat that much.

I may never know exactly what was going on. He hated it however.Especially having a rather anemic bony looking body. I was going to say he liked eating, but actually he forced himself to eat as much as possible, thinking that would help him gain weight.

I accepted him so much as a friend that I never thought to suggest that he go see a doctor. Nobody did, no other friends, not his family. I think that very strange now that I think about it. So there are good points and bad points to acceptance I guess.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: May 14, 2011 05:04PM

Some just have an extremely fast metabolism which counteracts the masses of dense calorie foods they eat.

I know many like that i used to be one of them could eat 4000 calories SAD and still not put on a pound. Same goes with my friends, in time though there metabolism will slow down and weight gain will occur.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: May 16, 2011 06:43PM

It's also possible that he has celiac disease. Gluten is addictive especially to those with an intolerance (for whatever reason)... so the binging on pizza (gluten) and no weight gain is worrysome... Before I got off gluten and began my healing journey I was very underweight and constantly overeating and people were always thinking that I must be bulimic or something...

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 17, 2011 05:33PM

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: May 18, 2011 06:34PM

I limit my sugar and feel the benefits personally. (4 fruits max a day for me)

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables