Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

how to gain weight and muscle on fruitarian diet? rules of eating fruits and mono-diet?
Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: September 24, 2006 02:09AM

can someone explain the rules of eating fruits? is it one fruit at a time and then you wait a couple hours before the next fruit?

how can one gain weight and muscle while eating a mainly fruit diet? do we have to work extra hard with weights and eat TONS of fruits? post your thoughts

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how to gain weight and muscle on fruitarian diet? rules of eating fruits and mono-diet?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 24, 2006 02:53AM

Here are the food combining rules.

Re: how to gain weight and muscle on fruitarian diet? rules of eating fruits and mono-diet?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 24, 2006 03:11AM

-I've eaten only fruits for years now. I certainly am the healthiest and one of the strongest guys I know. I think your diet will evolve over time....and simplify (if that's what you want). Your weight will fluctuate...but eventually stabilize at a comfortable level. You should have little problem maintaining your weight or health.

-Just my experiences.

Date: September 26, 2006 05:09PM

so it's not necessary to wait 2 hours before eating the next fruit? i think i can be successful with my new fruitarian diet, but even going further and saying i can only eat 1 type of fruit at a time would make it so hard!!! lol

Date: September 26, 2006 06:07PM

confuzed,

Eating 1 type of fruit at a time gives you the most efficient digestion, assuming you haven't overeaten that fruit. Eating 1 type of fruit isn't hard if you have enough of that fruit to satiate your hunger. I might eat an 8 pound watermelon as my first meal of the day, and that keeps me going until dinner time.

Also, you can play with sequential mono eating, that is, eating your different kinds of fruits in an order that there will be no collision. This works best if each kind of fruit is in the same family, that is, sweet, acid, subacid, or fatty.

When eating multiple kinds of fruits, eat the juiciest fruits first, in the order of most juiciest to least juicy. Lets say you were going to eat watermelon, grapes, and bananas. Eat the watermelon first, wait a few minutes, then eat the grapes, wait a few, then eat the bananas.

If you mix different kinds of fruits, say sweet & acid, these fruits will slow down the digestion of the other fruits. While this may not feel bad at first, as you stay on this diet for a while, you notice that some meals stay in your stomach longer, and this doesn't feel good.

The food combining rules are not hard and fast rules, but guidelines. See what works for you. Also, as your body heals, what your body will tolerate changes, so always pay attention.

Date: September 27, 2006 12:09AM

but at the end of the day lol, as long as im staying fruitarian and just eating fruit (or whatever diet im on) thats what counts right? i guess i mean that the worst that happens is i get a stomachache, its not like eating a bunch of fruits at once sacrifices the nutrients, or does it?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 27, 2006 12:18AM

-Remember: A challenge is good. If you are chronically unconfortable....or in pain....or dis-satisfied...then you are moving faster than YOUR level is.

-And no - no nutrients are sacrificed.

-David Mason

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: September 27, 2006 12:18AM

If you don't overeat, you shouldn't get a stomachache. Unless detox is happening.

I am developing into a fruitarian myself. I have one salad a day only. I feel satisfied throughout the day when I space my fruit out for about 90 minutes. I personally find that juicing lemons in the morning around 6 a.m. and then 90 minutes later eating some melon cleanses and detoxes the body really well. It also gives me energy to go to the gym later on at about 10-11 a.m. Whatever works for you. You'll find your nitch! smiling smiley Oh, and some fruitarians consider nuts a fruit, also.

You may also want to consider going to the Fruitarian One's website. Very informative.

Date: September 27, 2006 03:10AM

is it possible at all even in the slightest bit possible to GAIN weight being a fruitarian? i hope so because i want to gain weight and start working out, is it possible to gain lots of weight eating just fruits? maybe a large quantity of each? any thoughts .-.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 27, 2006 03:20AM

I don't think it will be possible if you are elminating concentrated sources of fats. Most likely your stomach will get full or you will feel an ache or feel sick from all the fruit before you consume enough calories.

I am not sure why you want to gain weight and muscle, though. Thinner is generally healthier, leading to longer life and reduced oxidative stress, provided that one has adequate micronutrient status.

Date: September 27, 2006 03:41AM

Unless you want to gain fat, don't look to eating to gain muscle. The only way to build muscle is to exercise of do physical activity. Check out FruitarianOne's website about gaining muscle on a fruitarian diet.

Posted by: summer ()
Date: September 27, 2006 04:16AM

I just want to second what Bryan posted, that you have to exercise to gain muscle

One thing I found on the raw diet, was that my body was extremely responsive to how I was using it, very effeciently losing some muscle mass when I had a desk job for awhile, then packing it back on plus some when I returned to outdoor living and lots of muscle work.

One question here though, sorry to bump it in on your post, but it may be relevant to you also, do those of you on all or high fruit diets live in cold climates? I don't have a direct experence with an all fruit diet, except for a few days at a time, and have a belief, mistaken or not, that one should be in a warm climate to be a fruitarian.

Posted by: innerview ()
Date: September 27, 2006 04:53AM

summer writes: >> One question here though, sorry to bump it in on your post, but it may be relevant to you also, do those of you on all or high fruit diets live in cold climates? I don't have a direct experence with an all fruit diet, except for a few days at a time, and have a belief, mistaken or not, that one should be in a warm climate to be a fruitarian.<<

Good question summer. We have the same question living here in Sweden... what to eat in the winter? How to maintain a high fruit diet, or is it even recommended?

to your health

Date: September 27, 2006 10:21AM

thank you for recommending The Fruitarian One's website its amazing. hes such a beautiful person his posts have helped me so much. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables