Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What does a B12 fruit tree look like? NT
Posted by: BJ ()
Date: May 10, 2011 06:17AM

I've never heard of a B12 fruit tree.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What does a B12 fruit tree look like? NT
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: May 10, 2011 03:05PM

This may or may not be true. But there are fruit eating animals, say like a fruit bat, that seem to get by eating only fruit.

The truth is B12 is made by microbes or bacteria. Most commercial produce will be microbe or bacteria free, unless it has been tainted by animal waste polluted waters when the produce is being washed.

And we are animals, so given a sufficient leve of health, we can make our own B12 via the bacteria.

But if someone is deficient, by all means, get some B12 supplements. They're cheap.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 10, 2011 03:26PM

I will take this one step further and say that it's worth it to have this one tested. Guessing about deficiency in the case of B12 might not be the best idea. I take a supplement and give it to the kids as well. If we don't need it, it's water soluble. If we do need it and are utilizing it I may never know and that's just fine by me. Better to have too much of this one than too little!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 10, 2011 08:32PM

Agree with coco!

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: May 11, 2011 05:12AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2011 05:13AM by durianrider.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: May 14, 2011 01:17PM

I have supplemented the soil of some fruit tree I am growing, as a sort of experiment. I don't know that the tree will take up viable b12. But it would be interesting to send samples to a lab and see if it took any up and incorporated it into the fruit.

When it comes to the term frugivore, keep in mind that its a human term. For instance blossoms make up some small portion of a fruit bats diet. In addition some fruit contains a large amount of insects in the wild.
[www.figweb.org]

I tried to find an estimate of how much mass of wasps a fig could contain. Difficult information to find. I agree that a b12 supplement is warrented. Commercial fruit may not contain many insects, like what may be in the wild. When was the last time you saw an fig with visible infestation of wasps being sold in the market place?

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: May 18, 2011 06:56PM

wow, interested in this!

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 18, 2011 03:41PM

BJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've never heard of a B12 fruit tree.

Here ya go:

[blog.essenium.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables