Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Novak Djokovic - gluten free
Posted by: rab ()
Date: May 10, 2011 03:39PM

The best tennis player this year (won 6 tournaments, has not lost a match yet) has changed his diet - his doctor advised him to dump gluten - and he did. He is completely changing his diet, going towards raw. In the past, Novak was criticized for not having the stamina and retiring in important matches.

Here is his doctor: [www.docigor.org]

I have no relation to them, but by publicly announcing that his problems with allergies and endurance are gone because of the help of his doctor Novak has probably helped a lot of young people who look up to him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Novak Djokovic - gluten free
Posted by: ivac ()
Date: May 10, 2011 06:23PM

Here's a good explanation of gluten sensitivity and celiac disease -

[www.glutenfreesociety.org]

Interesting that all grains are potential allergens. I guess that would mean sprouted, also.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 10, 2011 08:33PM

Interesting, rab, thanks for posting smiling smiley

Date: May 10, 2011 09:09PM

Famous golfer Gary Player is the only one I know who does not eat animal protein, but there are others - they just keep low profile, as it is not good for business. You will not hear Novak bragging about it either - they just talk about 'gluten allergy' omitting the fact that we are all allergic to gluten. Simply, his stamina improved rapidly without those traditional specialties that he had enjoyed (his mother used to travel with him just to make some SAD based stuff for him).
The only statement I caught from him was "those are some old habits, it takes a while to drop them"...and he looked like someone who is determined to do so, with a smile. This is the biggest plus for raw food (high profile athlete), but Novak's family also has some restaurants in Beograd...so they keep a low profile on this.

If I have to shut my mouth often about being on raw diet, imagine the pressure for famous people?

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: May 10, 2011 09:21PM

I am grain free. I think anything that gets the word out about just how nasty gluten is, is a great thing.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 10, 2011 09:30PM

I think Martina Navratilova was or is raw vegan. Maybe she dropped a word in his ear!!

Date: May 11, 2011 03:05PM

Tamukha, you're welcome smiling smiley

Novak just won again in Rome. He is still downplaying the role of diet in his interviews, but everyone notices the difference. It is a shame that the whole truth cannot be told.

Posted by: Nino ()
Date: May 11, 2011 08:43PM

He certainly looks healthy.

[www.x17online.com]

Date: May 16, 2011 02:37AM

Here is an interview with Novak's doctor:
[www.cyprusspirit.com]

...and this is the system he uses:
[www.scioqxci.net]

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 16, 2011 06:35AM

Very interesting. Novak won again yesterday in Rome - beating Rafa again I think.

Date: May 16, 2011 12:56PM

Veeeeeery interesting, rab . . . will be pondering what this means for a long time. And may I just say, that Novak Djokovic is hot!

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: May 16, 2011 02:41PM

Gluten my arch nemesis we meet again lol.

Never met an allergen which causes so much problems. I used to have major panic attacks from gluten aswell as extreme fatigue.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: May 16, 2011 03:33PM

If you followed Novak before - he was always fatigued, never having the stamina to finish the matches. Andy Roddick and others joked about that, even John McEnroe teased him about quitting matches. In software troubleshooting we always ask: "What changed"? Simply, Novak does not eat bread and pizza, eats more fruit and veggies instead. That's it. This doctor also has some additional methods, but the essence is - the diet.
Of course, Novak will not talk too much about it, and it is listed as "he had a gluten allergy". So, he was unique that way...not! We all have gluten allergy. Only some of us can live with it, some can't.

Date: May 16, 2011 04:47PM

Well, gluten free goes far beyond just not eating bread or pizza... it means you must eat almost no processed foods or eat out at restaurants (most) because almost all of it contains traces of gluten. So I hope they are saying he is actually gluten free and not just avoiding bread, otherwise he might have problems down the line.

Date: May 16, 2011 05:10PM

powerlifer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gluten my arch nemesis we meet again lol.
>
> Never met an allergen which causes so much
> problems. I used to have major panic attacks from
> gluten aswell as extreme fatigue.
>
> [www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Oh yeah. I'd get panic attacks to the point where I'd be screaming at the top of my lungs in a sobbing mess on the floor, attempting to claw my own eyes out or other self harm and have to be restrained... total psychosis...

This of course was after I went gluten free and would have an accidental ingestion, because as I'm sure you know, when you begin healing you get even more sensitive to it. In the years before that I was just chronically depressed and fatigued, horribly ill (severe hives and skin boils), constipation (Id go like every 4-5 days!), severe thyroid problems.... the list goes on and on.

I know a number of people from my own group of friends with a similar story. And that's just MY group of friends, so think how far it goes out there in the general population... and yet on tv you see ad after ad about "healthy whole wheat" this or "whole grain" that without so much as a warning... if THIS many people have such a severe, deathly reaction to gluten I believe there should be a warning required to be placed on advertisements the way there is with cigarettes or prescription medication.

Date: May 16, 2011 05:23PM

I got made to feel like an idiot with the doctors for years and as you say the more you eliminate it, the small ingestion now and again is even stronger than before.

If you don't show celiac or on blood tests doctors make you feel like your imagining everything and you know the cure for that, anti-depressants lol.

I had extremely bad cystic acne on my neck and i cured that by reducing gluten, dairy and wheat. But i guess thats all make believe lol.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: May 16, 2011 06:08PM

Oh yeah, cystic acne here too... although I now think of it more as skin boils than acne, it was so severe, but I didn't know what to call it other than acne at the time, since it was on my face. Doctors have absolutely no idea about anything. I feel sorry for the few good ones because they must feel bad getting lumped in with the pathetically uninformed.

Date: May 16, 2011 06:16PM

More and more of them are getting churned out very underqualified and on 100k a year wages. I had one woman doctor say to me whats a vitamin B whilst laughing in my face lol. Insane really i couldnt tell if she was joking or not, but she wasnt. I talked abit about heavy metal toxicity when i thought it was a main source of my problems(it was officially diagnosed in the end) and yup again laughs like im an idiot and i could tell them more about metals than they knew.

At least most of the newer doctors are a little more updated that conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome can have physical causes rather than everything is physco-somatic and anti-depressants are the only treatment.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: May 17, 2011 05:39PM

...and here is how the empire strikes back:
[sports.yahoo.com]

They take care of the 'innocent bystanders' telling them - 'nothing to see here, move on'.

Novak, who is paid by corporations, will not be too loud, and a lot of us will have a dilemma: How much did the diet really help him?

Well, the answer is only known to those who did the change themselves. Until you try - you don't know.

Date: May 17, 2011 07:33PM

The comments beneath the article are appalling! I bet some are from mainstream sports medicine types, LOL!

Date: May 18, 2011 04:32PM

Yeah, they really are... I really feel bad for those people... I thought gluten awareness was becoming pretty mainstream but apparently not... what's really sad is a number of those posters are probably having gluten reactions (and god knows what else from what they are eating) and don't even know it.

Date: May 18, 2011 04:45PM

Media controls the world. We take them so lightly, but the essence of power is in the media.

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: May 18, 2011 06:26PM

Awesome! I find being raw a little lonely. Every new member adds to the fun, research and learning process.

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ivac ()
Date: July 05, 2011 09:10AM

More information on grains causing digestive problems- even sprouted grains may be unhealthy --

[articles.mercola.com]

Date: July 05, 2011 12:01PM

Djokovic Wins! I wonder if he will keep at his regimen now that he's mastered the ultimate prestige tournament . . . More important, I wonder how I could convince the pitchers on the Detroit Tigers ball team to do green smoothies before a game[sigh].

Date: July 08, 2011 04:01AM

Yes, Novak is now #1 tennis player in the world. He rarely speaks about his diet, and his doctor keeps very low profile. On tennis forums they suspect he is some kind of "shaman" smiling smiley))) - he lives in Cyprus and still practices his career, but it must be very hard, as he now travels around the world with Novak. He is not only a nutritionist but also a "soul advisor" of some kind. Novak says that the doctor "doesn't have a clue" about tennis, and the rest of the Novak's team laughs at his amateur remarks about the game. Still, he is currently the most successful nutritionist in sports.
All that being said, I think would have been enough to just stop eating bread and pasta, add more raw fruit and veggies smiling smiley))).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables