Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fibroids?
Posted by: dns ()
Date: May 16, 2011 03:00PM

Any of you ladies dealt with fibroids before? My wife was told by a doctor recently that she had fibroids in her uterus which gave her very heavy bleeding and horrible cramps. She was a few weeks pregnant at the time (we have since lost the baby). In addition, her periods are difficult and very trying emotionally. What exactly are these fibroids and how are they formed and how are they eliminated? Though I have no basis for thinking this, I am convinced that her diet is contributing to this, and a lack of exercise. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fibroids?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 16, 2011 03:11PM

Just talking off the top of my head, I think it has to do with hormonal imbalance, as in too much estrogen? I believe that I have them, also. My periods are really painful; always have been. I am in my mid-40s and it hasn't let up. I have never given birth but I once heard that some women experience menstrual pain very similar to labor pains and I believe it! I even would breathe like they do during delivery, LOL. What I do is take naproxen (a generic form of Aleve) when I have pain. I tried herbs but didn't find anything strong enough. From what I have heard, fibroids are benign and the doctor can scrape them off but they will grow back. I am just biding my time until menopause. Hopefully it will let up when I hit that time.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 16, 2011 05:38PM

I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby.x

A word of warning - just be careful - a friend of mine had a fibroid and she tried to get rid of it herself with various alternative practitioners. It grew and grew until she looked 6months pregnant. Eventually the constant bleeding turned into a terryfying haemorage with a desperate dash to hospital where they gave her horrible drugs to stem the flow. It was a near thing. Eventually she had an operation to remove it - she really had no choice by then sadly.

Prior to this she had had hideous periods where she couldn't leave the house - the pain and the blood flow were just too great.

I'm not saying fibroids cannot be treated 'alternatively' and I don't think my friend tried everything - but time ran out for her.

Posted by: merry ()
Date: May 17, 2011 05:11AM

Hi - banana who - my periods are exactly the same - I also resort to naproxen because its the only thing that is strong enough - I have tried SO many herbs, eliminating wheat, dairy etc., fasting, acupuncture etc.etc. but in my case I have recently found out I have endometriosis (not fibroids).....The one thing that has made a reduction although not elimination of pain and difficulty is the buteyko technique which works on breathing. It is the only thing alternative that has made a significant difference.

For fibroids I have heard that maca is very good although I found it made me tired so I couldnt continue with it but many people dont have that reaction to it and I imagine it is worth a try.

In the place where I took my fasting treatment they told me they have found a lot of people cured from fibroids (my friend has that condition which is why I spoke to the staff about it) and they said on a number of occasions they have found people avoiding operation and getting a lot of improvement with a fasting treatment of 2-3 weeks but not in 100% or cases.

Diet is supposed to include a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid dairy, wheat, eat good oils like virgin coconut and flaxseed , dont use chemical detergents and soaps / perfumes etc.

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: May 17, 2011 12:07PM

I was diagnosed with fibroids. They wanted to do a hysterectomy. I totally cleaned up my lifestyle, no white foods, no dairy or other animal products, no gluten, no soy, mostly raw fruits and vegetables and daily walks and within 3 months they were gone and I felt much healthier in general. That was over 10 years ago now.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: May 17, 2011 04:05PM

Many women have too much estrogen verus progesterone, and this could lead to fibroids. Many plant foods have phytoestrogens and should probably be avoided - foods like soy or flaxseeds or legumes in general.

There are also xenoestrogens, which are chemical substances like BPA (Bisphenol A) found in plastics, that also can cause problems. Drink your water out of BPA free containers, preferably those made of glass or stainless steel. Canned foods and thermal paper used in receipts can contain BPA.

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: May 18, 2011 05:58AM

Good information Prana

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: May 18, 2011 06:32PM

I think many diseases are acid based. Long term on raw, along with deep sleep and exercise should get her to her genetic potential.

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables