Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Excess Skin
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 24, 2006 11:10PM

First of all, thanks to everyone for the replies to my post a week or so ago. I appreciate the feedback.

Now my current question deals with excess skin from weight loss.

Right now I am 5'10", 330pounds, and male.

Besides skin brushing, which I have read about and plan to do daily....are there any other tips for preventing or reducing the amount of excess skin from extreme weight loss that anyone has to share?

Also, any tips for what to do should I come into excess skin?

Thanks all.

=)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Excess Skin
Date: September 25, 2006 12:38AM

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 25, 2006 02:03AM

I've seen people lose loose skin with water fasting. During a water fast, the body will eat up any non-necessary tissue, and certainly loose skin is not necessary.

Date: September 25, 2006 02:16AM

C.Dove Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.bodyfatguide.com]

That's one weird site.

According to it Mariah Carey has 5.39% bodyfat (5.77pounds). I doubt that very, very much (I'm sure her butt and breasts alone contain more than 5.39 pounds of fat. I imagine any woman who truly had only 5.39% bodyfat would be infetile. I would never make such a woman my choice (as, if I did, that would be the end of my bloodline).

Here's the page : [www.bodyfatguide.com]

Oh God, I can't believe I've been reading that garbage seriously. Homeboy admits that his "statistics" are from (and I quote) "National Enquirer, June 16, 1998".

Oh brother, hahaha.

On topic, cwc2, I don't know much about loose skin but I wish you good luck. Certainly raw food, high water content diet will help along with excersise. Good luck & welcome to the boards! :-)

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 25, 2006 03:41AM

-I agree with Bryan (I often do!): If you simply improve your diet....and lose weight very gradually....perhaps over a period of a couple of years.....your diet....light fasting...and light exercise should do the trick. What more can you do?

-David Mason

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 25, 2006 07:37AM

Yes, it will have to be gradual. And also you will have to be a very young person (ideally teens or early 20s) for max resilience. Older people will have more laxity and reduced elasticity in their skins and may not fare so well when they lose a lot of weight.

When superobese people have gastric bypasses and lose huge amounts of weight they can end up with excess skin that is so large and heavy that movement is hindered, it would be like carrying around heavy empty sacks, and it must be surgically removed for normal movements.

Posted by: monochromatism ()
Date: September 27, 2006 11:26PM

You'd have to lose it very slowly.

Posted by: monochromatism ()
Date: September 27, 2006 11:31PM

Oh, and it's likely that if there are a lot of stretch marks in those areas, that they won't snap back. In those areas, the connective fibers have broken, and it won't act like normal skin. I got stretch marks under my arms during puberty, and even after I lost weight, I still had extra skin there that interupted the straightness of the arm-line...if that makes any sense.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: September 27, 2006 11:57PM

My understanding is that to lose excess skin, one needs to lose excess fat first, as the skin which appears to be hanging down, has in fact still some excess fat on it, which is the cause of hanging down (e.g. - war starvation vicitms never had any excess skin).

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables