Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

b12 injections? Who needs em?
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: May 19, 2011 06:40AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: b12 injections? Who needs em?
Posted by: BJ ()
Date: May 19, 2011 01:05PM

I'm just curious. Am i the only one who only reads the posts and doesn't bother watching the videos?

Any chance you can give us a synopsis of the video, otherwise I assume the answer is

Junkies,
Tour the France riders on EPO with bottles labeled B12 so they don't get caught.
People who like injecting themselves,
People who don't believe in cooked food but are happy to inject synthetically made chemicals in their body.

Do you have to have injections for the rest of your life, or only while you are extremely active?

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 18, 2011 05:50AM

To answer your question BJ: You're not the only one. I never watch videos because I don't have good enough reception. Plus, videos use up my monthly gigabytes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2011 05:53AM by suncloud.

Posted by: coronagranny ()
Date: June 20, 2011 05:23PM

B Vitamins are water-soluble.B complex vitamins are providing the body with energy. They are necessary for normal functioning of the nervous system. They are essential for maintenance of muscle tone in the gastrointestinal tract, health of skin , hair , eyes, mouth, and liver. Because they are water-soluble they are excreted and not stored. They must be continually replaced. All B vitamins mixed with salve absorb readily. It is very important to remember that all the B vitamins should be taken together. They are so interrelated in function that large does on any one of them may be therapeutically valueless or may cause a dificiency of others. B complex need increases during infection or stress. Alcoholics and those who consume excessive amounts of carbohydrates require a higher intake of B vitamins. Coffee uses up the B vitamins. So to answer your question, I would not take a B12 injection without a complex of balance doses to go with it.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: July 01, 2011 12:47AM

Seven points debunking some B12 myths:
[www.rawgosia.com]

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 01, 2011 02:29PM

Some useful recent authoritative references for Vitamin B-12.

Jack Norris.
[www.veganhealth.org]

Reed Mangels of VRG
[www.vrg.org]

Steve Walsh of the UK Vegan Society
[www.beyondveg.com]

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 01, 2011 10:43PM

I don't think B12 injections should be necessary, unless a person is unable to absorb B12. It's my understanding that an inability to absorb B12 is not commonly a vegan problem. But it's also my understanding that lack of B12 in the diet can be a vegan problem, and oral vegan B12 supplements are a reliable dietary source.

In my experience, it can take a while for a healthy person to develop a B12 deficiency after becoming vegan. But each person is a little different. For infants, a deficiency can result in severe consequences.

I was previously philosophically and intellectually opposed to supplementing with B12. However, after 15 years as a raw food vegan, I acquired symptoms of nerve degeneration - the classic tingling fingers and toes. I started supplementing (orally) with B12, and after a month, the symptoms went away. They never came back.

That was nearly 10 years ago. I haven't experienced any side effects from taking oral B12. It's possible that my deficiency symptoms took so long to show up because I was exposed to a lot of chicken manure (I often inhaled the dust of it), while applying it to fruit trees on our small farm.

Keep in mind that other primates are known to eat insects regularly, and their own feces occasionally. Most B12 is produced lower in the human intestine than the area of B12 absorption. So although humans do produce B12, we excrete most of what we produce - which is why we require a dietary source.

I have to say that with that in mind, and in my opinion (although I respect others' opinions on the issue), the links provided by pborst above are reliable and provide much helpful information.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 02, 2011 01:22PM

Thanks, suncloud; I hope this is the last word on this subject smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables