Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Eat one type of fruit at once? can tons of fruits be eaten to gain weight?
Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: September 25, 2006 05:58AM

is it true that if you want to become a fruitarian it's best to eat one type of fruit at once? if i feel im too skinny and i want to at least stay my weight or gain some can i eat tons of fruits?

for example 5 bananas, wait 2 hours then 4 oranges, wait another 2 hours a bunch of strawberries, another 2 hours half a honeydew and keep going and just keep eating thruout the day is this how to be successful on a fruitarian diet? i want to learn as much as possible, i've read all the fruitarian articles

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eat one type of fruit at once? can tons of fruits be eaten to gain weight?
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 25, 2006 07:59AM

I think it would be very difficult to gain weight on a pure sweet fruit diet. You will get full too fast. The calorie density of fruits is too low because most of them by weight are almost all water.

For example, if you ate 17 small peaches in one sitting, that would make you really full, uncomfortably so, but you would have only taken in about 400 or so calories and you would probably have no desire and very limited ability to eat more within the next several hours.

Contrast this with a typical cooked fast food meal where enormous amounts of calories (i.e. several thousand) can be ingested in a short period of time. This is one reason why we have superobese people with stretch marks on their forearms at the age of 20. Cheap, superabundant, extremely caloric foods in a very small volume.

Re: Eat one type of fruit at once? can tons of fruits be eaten to gain weight?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 25, 2006 10:43AM

-I have been only fruit for a couple of years now. This is not a 'rule' diet....so to speak. It is about what you are comfortable with. When you find other foods to heavy....and sickening....and up-appealing.....you won't have to ask if eating lighter is right for you........you will certainly know! Ha! ha!

-Can you gain weight? Yes (although your weight may be a little less than the standard american!) LOL.

-You don't HAVE to eat mono......that is a refinement that you might be willing and able to do. Test it out with a meal or two. Never test the deepest waters with both feet! Ha!

-Just my opinions.

-David Mason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables