Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

When will I start feeling good? LOL
Posted by: RawInspiredAmy ()
Date: June 20, 2011 03:09PM

I have read so many posts about how energetic people feel eating a mostly or all raw diet and I have to say I don't feel that way. It's been a week now and I am not 100% raw but a definite 80+ and I feel a little sluggish.

I'm never hungry as I make sure I eat a bunch and with a good variety of fruit and veg, a little nuts but not much. Is there a period of time the body needs to adjust?

Thanks smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When will I start feeling good? LOL
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: June 20, 2011 03:17PM

My gut feeling is its just not been enough time for your system to be reaping the benefits yet.Perhaps a period of cleaning out.
I would also say that even the long time raw food eaters have times when they feel a little sluggish too.

Vinny

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: June 20, 2011 03:49PM

Its still early days as Vinny says. Although feeling good and health depend on a variety of factors, a good diet being one of them.

I feel too many hype up the benefits of a raw lifestyle making it sound almost super human at times and people feel abit disappointed that the effects don't live up to the hype. None the less it does help you to feel your bestsmiling smiley.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: June 20, 2011 04:34PM

A week?

It took me 6 months before I felt the 'glow'.

You have a lot of detoxing to do before you start feeling the benefits.

Posted by: RawInspiredAmy ()
Date: June 20, 2011 07:08PM

THank you all for your input! I will settle in and just let it unfold as it will smiling smiley

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: June 20, 2011 08:17PM

It also depends on what the other 20% of your diet consists of and various health factors. Some are lucky enough to feel the positive effects immediately, but usually it takes longer esp when you're not 100%.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 04, 2011 04:13PM

You're probably still detoxing. I can say that I'm still detoxing and I've been at it for about 7 years but not 100% raw vegan b/c I eat some cooked vegan.

It normally takes about a year for the body to settle. Be sure to supplement where you are lacking in nutrients. The first time I started raw vegan, I went 100% RV without any supplementation. My teeth got soft, my hair started falling out in clumps, my nail beds were pitted, I feel drained and wiped out all the time, and I realized that I needed to supplement when I could see my hair breaking off when I moved my head. That was extreme. Good luck. Therese

Date: July 31, 2011 02:46AM

I ate a really clean vegan cooked diet for at least 2 years, detoxed for weeks at a time several times a year and had been vegetarian for 13 years before that and I felt HORRIBLE for at least 2 weeks when I went raw. I could hardly keep awake. Finally, I broke through and the amazing benefits kicked in. It was hard to keep going but I knew it was best for my body and I knew it would be temporary. So...head up, push through and you will be all the better for it! Good Luck!

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: August 03, 2011 09:07PM

yeah, you're probably just detoxing
hello zits
but it's worth it
some wheatgrass juice might speed it up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables