Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hair recovery
Posted by: Cyrus_Paice ()
Date: June 20, 2011 07:00PM

Is it true that with a balanced raw vegan diet you can regrow your hair and it's color with an error rate of zero percent?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hair recovery
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: June 20, 2011 07:19PM

I take it you mean that raw diet is full proof when it comes to growing back hair if so then its likely not the case. Like i said in the other thread too many sites make out that raw food is a cure all.

Hair loss can be a result of many different conditions and issues some hormonal, endocrine disrders, genetics play a result etc. Raw food can provide the building blocks and good nutrition, but really you would need to tackle the root cause of your hair loss.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: June 20, 2011 08:14PM

High amounts of minerals esp in wheatgrass and other nutrients can assist with hair growth and color. Internet research will give you more details.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: June 21, 2011 01:19PM

Improving circulation in the head is critical to recovering from baldness

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: June 25, 2011 11:12PM

I dont know but I sure could use some of that stuff myself. I believe Brian Clement said you can do this but it wont work if it is male pattern baldness. I believe anything is possible though and have read that sometimes it is due to an infection in the hair follicles. I believe that if you had an exellent diet including fresh water algae's wheatgrass and some kind of therapy for the scalp you just might do it. I would message the scalp with wheatgrass and use fresh water algae every day for like six months and see what happens. You can correct genetic defects over time with algae's but it might take years of really clean living. Please get back with us if it works lol seriously!

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: June 27, 2011 03:51AM

i am having excellent luck with wheatgrass juice. i had spiraled into some not so good eating/lifesyle habits over the past 3 years or so, and my hair began showing the signs of that abuse. it was alarmingly thin, and shedding like crazy, and breaking too. going thru hormonal changes of menopause most likely compounded the problem.

i would say it's been about 2 months now of a mostly raw, really healthy diet/lifestyle, and ALOT of wheatgrass juice. my hair has lots of new growth now. i am drinking 6-10 ounces a day, 2-4 times a day, and sometimes massaging the juice directly into my scalp. putting it on my scalp feels really good, but i noticed it is sort of drying out my hair, so i'm mostly just drinking it.

it was getting expensive and inconvenient to buy flats of the grass from the store, or even a local grower- so i now have my own little wheatgrass garden established on my porch. i usually have 3 or 4 trays going at a time in different stages so i don't run out. i go through alot of it.

but my hair is recovering! so it's worth the effort. good luck to you. i know this is working for me. hopefully it will work for you.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: June 27, 2011 12:14PM

It might have been your thyroid, thinning hair is a common sign and with the estrogen from menopause can shut down the thyroid.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: June 27, 2011 03:03PM

interesting. could be. all i know is that whatever is in the wheargrass, whether known or unknown to science, seems to be helping. that's all i've done differently.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: July 02, 2011 04:49AM

How does wheatgrass help restore hair? or is just being overall healthy, raw healthy with all parts working well especially digestion? Are there any long term use or effect of wheatgrass on air besides the old unverifiable story on ann wigmore hair being restored with wheatgrass?

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: July 02, 2011 10:10PM

madinah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How does wheatgrass help restore hair? or is just
> being overall healthy, raw healthy with all parts
> working well especially digestion? Are there any
> long term use or effect of wheatgrass on air
> besides the old unverifiable story on ann wigmore
> hair being restored with wheatgrass?

I remember reading that Annn Wigmore's natural hair color was restored but have not read or heard that her hair growth had been restored.

Date: July 03, 2011 01:18PM

Its just high in nutrients. My guess is that any dark green vegetable juice could have a similar effect.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: July 05, 2011 03:48PM

Greens and wheatgrass are good for overall health which is helpful for hair too but some foods such as cucumber promote hair restauration and growth. Also regular scalp massage.

Posted by: Cyrus_Paice ()
Date: July 17, 2011 04:42PM

Thanks for the information. I'll tell your if it works.

Date: July 18, 2011 12:47AM

Marsh- It would be interesting now if you did an experiment and changed nothing about your diet except for one thing. Change the wheatgrass juice for some other type of dark green juice, and see if the hair growth continues.

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: December 12, 2014 08:38PM

Onions work great for hair recovery
[www.healthextremist.com]

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: December 12, 2014 09:26PM

"The most powerful way to grow hair back that surpasses the raw food diet is to do urine therapy on the head, that is amazing."

Is this like doing hair massage with urine?

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: December 13, 2014 01:46AM

Cyrus_Paice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it true that with a balanced raw vegan diet you
> can regrow your hair and it's color with an error
> rate of zero percent?

Lol, no. If it were there would be before and after pictures plastered wall to wall all over the internet.

Plenty of harebrained ideas growing and regrowing on the subject though but alas, you are probably long gone and will be missing out on that circus.

Date: December 13, 2014 02:39AM

If the hair follicles are gone the hair will not grow back. But if the hair follicles are still there the hair can be regenerated. People have noticed a big difference with my hair and it feels completely different (much thicker), but l will never be able to grow it all back because lots of hair follicles have completely gone like Sproutman's tehe. winking smiley

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: December 13, 2014 04:37AM

Misconceptions about diet being able to turn hair back to grey etc

Obviously it is not a lack of nutrients in the sproutarian diet that can't reverse grey hair because various people like Dr Ann did revrese the greys. What is seems to be about is the body's inability to produce enzymatic reactions from the nutrients to grow back hair to it's original colour, ie, it is a DNA thing. If you read the science on thee type of subjects you will find that not all people are able to absorb and utilise nutrients well, and various people have trouble enzymatically making conversions to get optimal results, therfore DNA defects may well be the reason why some cannot reverse grey hairs no matter how well they eat.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: December 13, 2014 04:04PM

Try rubbing in raw onion juice daily on the scalp and leave in for at least an hour. Later wash out without shampoo and rub in some good quality oil like coconut oil nfor a minimum of 5 minutes while bending over with your head hanging down. Shampoos strip out the natural oils you need, avoid them. My hair is down to the bottom of my butt, I am male...

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: December 13, 2014 07:51PM

There's a 'celeb' type figure here in Scotland who is starting to cure her alopecia with a raw food diet, here's a link to a news story on it,

[www.scotsman.com]

they call it the cabbage diet, but it sounds like she's simply doing raw food (maybe with an emphasis on cabbage juice.. that would make sense, the sulphur would probably be helpful)

I think stress also plays a large part in hair loss, so it would be a good idea to organise your life so it was less stressful, and find ways to relax, eg meditation, yoga etc x

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2014 07:53PM by lisa m.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: December 17, 2014 02:18AM

A few diet and herb protocols for hair that I have learned and used to help people:

From Dr. Christopher:
yarrow tea external rinse for color
oil massage for regrowth (two days each of wheat germ oil, olive oil and castor oil for six days total, take one day off). This is really messy but if someone is doing an intense program already, they can just add this to everything else they are doing.

From Dr. RObert Morse:
Healing of the lyphatic system to the scalp via astringent fruits and upper circulation herbs. He claims to help anyone regrow their hair. He has testimonials on youtube

From Chinese medicine:
differential diagnosis of yin and yang imbalances would decide the appropriate formula:
-qi bai mei ran dan
-shou wu pian
-polygonum 14
-alopecia pills
-hei zhi ma
- external tried and true remedy is tapping scalp with plum blossom needle (without breaking skin--best to try some other tool than this; it's just what I was trained to use.) to cause pinkness and then massage fresh raw ginger juice into the scalp. I used this on a black lady who got braids in her hair and then woke up the next morning and they were on her pillow. THe hair grew in thicker than the areas that were not treated (along with taking the alopecia pills). Careful not to use the ginger on areas you don't want hair growth, like around the eyebrows.

Lastly, fresh raw aloe vera picked from the plant can't be beat. Cayenne has been used, but I find the ginger is more pleasant.

Horsetail (equisetum arvensae) helps to thicken hair via silica

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 17, 2014 08:35AM

hey tai

cool stuff ... the chinese herbs

did ginger make your hair look like this ? :

[www.youtube.com]

grinning smiley

Date: December 17, 2014 08:50AM

Yes, an amazing post Tai, you are highly qualified and really know your stuff. We are lucky to have you here. I have never heard of any of those Chinese things lol. smiling smiley

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 04, 2015 09:29AM

Maybe it good and acceptable to have grey hair.
Being healthy is what count the most.
There is no real evidence that Ann Wigmore reversed her grey hair.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables