Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

GAS - symptom of too much fat in stomach?
Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: July 10, 2011 07:35PM

I have an embarresing issue.. my rectal emmisions have been lethal the last few days.. I guess this is due to fruit fermenting in my gut.

Is this an issue of having too much undigested fat in my gut?

Ive gotta sort this out I may end up evicting my neighbours I share a hallway with!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GAS - symptom of too much fat in stomach?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: July 10, 2011 09:02PM

It can be a fat issue but is more commonly from low stomach acid and in turn poor digestion causing like you say increased fermentation.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: July 10, 2011 09:08PM

Oh dear that doesnt sound good.. how can I increase the PH of my stomach acid?

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: July 10, 2011 09:29PM

Bitter herbs on the back of the tongue help stimulate the release of stomach acid, pancreatic enzymes and bile. They also cleanse the liver so its best to up your water to offset any cleansing reaction.

Raw apple cider vinegar mid meal is a good also.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: July 10, 2011 11:04PM

Yes, poor digestine, but you are probably not combining your foods properly either. Learn food combining, and especially don't eat sweets right after a meal. Who the hell came up with eating sweets AFTER a meal anyhow? Dam we have screwed up traditions. Look up some digestive herbs to put in your meals, fresh raw organic ginger for example.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: July 11, 2011 04:57AM

It could be fat or it could be food combining. Having fat in your digestive system is really the same thing as food combining.

What I do around the fat and food combining is eat fruit in the morning and noon and as a snack. In the evening I will eat a large salad with fats. Or I will eat some vegetables and perhaps some fat.

When I do eat something fatty in the afternoon, I will wait 3 hours or more before I start eating fruit again.

Learn about food combining. Many fruits won't combine will with other fruits. Eating incompatible fruits together will result in gas. Ideally its best to eat just one kind of fruit until you get full.

Date: July 11, 2011 09:16AM

thanks for the advice guys, yeah im aware of poor food combining. Does fermentation in the gut have any other negative side effects? ie is it bad for the body? I suspect the bad dreams I wrote about in my other post could be due to fermentation in my gut. This morning I had a dream about jumping high (ie free of excess weight, liberated etc) and when I woke up I went number 2 on the john and am feeling better for it.

Posted by: merry ()
Date: July 11, 2011 09:38AM

If the problem has just been occuring in the last few days, is there anything new you've started eating recently, or been eating more of than usual? It may be that there is just one or two foods you need to avoid or cut down on.
I have been having a bit of the same problem recently - but I think I've linked it to eating mangoes which I've suddenly been eating a lot of as they're in season.
I found this article about dietry fructose intolerance which MAY be the reason why:
[www.drsteelsmith.com]

In my case I eat the mangoes alone most of the time so I dont think its a food combining thing. But I dont seem to get problems with apples or bananas for example.

also I find I cannot eat avacado for the same reason even if I eat them alone. A little bit now and then seems OK but more than that is not possible.
Things like ginger, asfoetida, fennel, cumin, ajwain are all supposed to be good for digestion. I would like to hear if there is any other solution other than avoiding the foods.

Posted by: Amiot ()
Date: July 12, 2011 06:48PM

Generally gas is cause by the body breaking down the fiberous foods we eat.

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: July 15, 2011 11:06PM

Maybe start writing down what you eat. You'll eventually figure it out. I love cherries, but they seem really hard on my digestion. Have you done colonics? Do you take probiotics?

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables