Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pre Making Smoothies
Posted by: Raynne413 ()
Date: July 28, 2011 04:37PM

Generally, I don't have time in the mornings to make a smoothie, and I think my boyfriend would kill me if I woke him up with the VitaMix at 6 in the morning. Are smoothies and green smoothies something you can make the night before and stick in the fridge? Or maybe stick in the freezer and then just thaw in the morning???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pre Making Smoothies
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 29, 2011 08:18PM

I have made fruit smoothies the day before and had leftovers for the next day and it tasted good. And it probably depends on what greens you add that would stay freshest or not get some kind of weird taste. When I make green smoothies, I only throw in a small handful of one kind of green, most often it's romaine lettuce.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: July 29, 2011 08:47PM

Fruit keeps much longer than Greens, so if your smoothie is predominately Fruit, it will keep overnight. Whereas if it's mostly Green, it won't......WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 29, 2011 09:09PM

I think for the winter months I might dehydrate and powder lots of fresh fruits, berries and greens and make my own shake mix. I could use it when on the run and not able to make a fresh smoothie any time.

Date: August 01, 2011 05:13PM

The dehydrating sounds like a great idea! Out of curiosity, has anyone tried gently heating smoothies in the winter? I'm a very cold natured person, and I hate the cold, so winter makes me miserable. And the idea of drinking a cold smoothie makes me want to shudder!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 01, 2011 07:04PM

Raynne,

I have found that lightly chilled smoothies don't affect my metabolism adversely in the winter. It's not the same as eating ice cream in December, I mean to say. You can heat your smoothie up gently on the stove. Sometimes, I'll leave a smoothie on a sunny tabletop while I do chores or work out, allowing it to come up to room temp before I drink it.

Date: August 02, 2011 04:00PM

I was thinking about using my vitamix to heat it, since I will be blending it in there anyway. But. . . I'm thinking my boyfriend may kill me if I let it run that long at 6:00 in the morning. LOL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables