Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Little Known Benefit of Eating Celery
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 30, 2011 04:44AM

I just read this about celery's attraction properties in an article on Yahoo:

"Attractic #2: Eat celery
Real men don’t eat rabbit food, right? WRONG. If you want to reel in the ladies, try increasing your crunches — of celery stalks, that is, not the gym variety. And it’s not just because women tend to congregate around vegetable trays at parties; in fact, eating celery increases the amount of female-attracting pheromones that men emit. Why? It seems that the cytoplasm found in celery contains the same chemicals as those found in human male sweat (specifically, regular sweat that’s responsible for a subtly masculine scent, which may not always be perceptible through clothing); both contain the steroid Androstenone, which makes men more attractive to women. Why would you want more pheromones oozing out of your pores, you ask? Well, these are the hormones responsible for letting animals know when it’s time to mate, and they’re also how insects attract their mates from up to six miles away. So if you find yourself within flirting distance of an attractive woman and you’re dripping in delicious pheromones thanks to the celery you snacked on for lunch, women may find themselves irresistibly drawn to you. “The effects of celery are almost immediate,” says Judy Gaman, coauthor of the book, Stay Young: 10 Proven Steps to Ultimate Health. “We recommend that a man work out, have a nice, warm shower, chomp on a few sticks of celery, brush his teeth — and then head out the door smelling good!""

Celery. Who knew???!!!

My favorite raw vegan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Little Known Benefit of Eating Celery
Posted by: Robin-811 ()
Date: July 30, 2011 11:43AM

And it is a kingdom of sodium.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 30, 2011 01:53PM

Hmmmm . . .

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: July 30, 2011 04:11PM

Awesome. But I'm a girl! I wonder if it helps my pheremones as well? smiling smiley It helps my body either way. I drink celery juice most days. And use the pulp in my soups.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 30, 2011 10:54PM

I thought women found men's sweat revolting?! Actually, some program said it depended upon what time of the month it is, and how closely related a man is to a woman.

If it helps me land a good job, I am going to eat a bunch every day, and bathe in a tub of juice every night. Another question, will it attract everyone? Say other men, will he think that I am a better candidate for a job if I have the good celery scent?(along with a good skill set?) Will it also attract gay men?

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 30, 2011 11:00PM

Well,doing a basic search revealed something:

'Androstenone has basically two effects. It increases attraction and sexual desire and curiously enough also increases customer receptiveness if you are in a sales or service field. So if you are a waitress or waiter you can wear some of this and expect to get more tips, and salespeople have reported an increase in sales when they use this product.

Another big benefit is that using a product like this will generally increase your own self confidence, which definately makes you more attractive as well."
[perfumeswithpheromones.com]

But this is a concentrate applied to the skin. Sounds expensive.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 30, 2011 11:44PM

LOL, an old boyfriend used to get SO turned off by my celery scent. Under the arms and other places too, I seriously smell like a salad some days. He was a heavy meat eater though, who knows what his issue was with that.
I don't particularly want to smell everyone's sweat but I have hardly ever disliked that of a partner. What I do dislike is perfume on men (or women for that matter. Essential oils are ok in SMALL amounts), rather a natural odor than that.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: July 31, 2011 04:20AM

I read celery is also good for helping to clear out congestion of the lungs
smoker alert! I think it works

if there's any edgar cayce followers/students,

I also just tried the celery seed tea (a kidney cleanse for high blood pressure /"drainage" problems) (googled high blood pressure edgar cayce)
- my fatigue has magically disappeared - awesome! 3x per week

(1 tbs freshly ground celery seed / cup of boiling water + strain)
tastes gross but I feel great all of a sudden (but it does have a nice aroma)

now if I can just find some watermelons that still have seeds (also recommended was watermelon seed tea same prep and dosage)

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 31, 2011 02:37PM

I guess my own experience shows this to be truesmiling smiley
Vinny

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: August 01, 2011 12:25AM

I better get my supply of celery before the stores are sold out. Sex cells-ery

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 01, 2011 10:29AM

gooo celery !! grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: August 05, 2011 01:30PM

"Sex cells-ery"

LOL!

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: August 05, 2011 02:45PM

I wouldn't have believed that a topic on Celery would get so many replies. That motivates me to have Celery Juice tomorrow morning (I have two Stalks ready).
To receive full benefit from the Wonder of Celery, you have to take it daily. I like at least one rib in my Green Smoothies in addition to the celery juice......WY
P.S. There's something about Celery Juice that more people need to discover.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables