Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Cleanse?
Posted by: HappyRaw ()
Date: August 01, 2011 04:54PM

I was still thinking of the extra pounds I seem to have even after straight raw for 5 weeks....and I was referred to the Clean Cleanse...a detox program which is shake morning and night with only a meal at lunch, plus there was supplements to take.
Well, I was wondering if I were to do that type of cleanse with raw smoothies...what types of smoothies would be more leaning towards "cleanse" then others????
Like carrot juice with beet and ginger???
Plus, high in nutrients particularly the morning shake.
Any one know?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Cleanse?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 01, 2011 07:38PM

I cant find the cleanse your referring to so cant comment on it, do link if you have one.

But really there aren't many quick fixes when it comes to shredding the extra pounds. There are unhealthy and those that are quick fixes tend to pile back on once you start eating normally again.

There are a number of conditions such as thyroid disorders, hormonal imbalances, sluggish liver etc that can be problematic if you are trying to lose weight. If you are healthy and don't suffer from any of the above then it comes down purely to calories in vs calories expended. If your taking in more than your expending you will gain weight etc.

Are you exercising at the moment and have you used a online calorie counter such as fitday.com to track your average daily calories?

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: August 01, 2011 10:33PM

Yes exercising (just walking since recovering from a shoulder injury)
not using the online calorie counter

seems like I could eat all fruits/nuts, greens, and some grains. but, now maybe I do need to just start counting calories the old fashioned way...but, I resist that since I have the mind set that if it's raw and healthy that it's ok to eat. I do adhere to food combining...plus, I'm older now and maybe what they say is true...it is harder to lose weight as one ages.

Do you know which smoothie/juice combos are considered more cleansing?

Thanks for your feedback ; )

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 03, 2011 02:12PM

It's only been five weeks, kiddo. The body isn't a sports car that can stop and reverse in under six seconds! Lots of greens juices or green smoothies with lots of fruit should help your metabolism to get moving, but it still takes some time. Good health to you smiling smiley

Date: August 03, 2011 08:11PM

Thank you so much for the reminder!
I was thinking the same today...if it takes over a year to put on so much weight the healthest is to allow for that much time for the weight to come off. And, really everyday my body does look and certainly feel, different. And, bc of the raw I have more vitality and clearer thinking about food choices.

I know it's a gradual process and that's good!! I'm looking forward to seeing what my new "shape" will look like in 5 months!!

Oh, and I love green smoothies and have one almost everyday! So, I'm on the right track there. I thought of buying a juicer for carrot juice...but, seems too sweet compared to green drinks.
So Happy Raw....thanks for reading and sharing!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables