Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Making fruit smoothies on a fruitarian diet. Any ideas has anyone had success with this?
Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: September 27, 2006 10:30AM

im trying to think of ways to help me out with my Fruitarian way of living (i keep slipping up and binging on junk food, its hard but im doing better) because i keep failing. i was thinking since the nutrients in raw fruits shouldn't be changed by being put in a blender, can't we blend up some fruits and make a smoothie sometimes?

such as, mix up 5 bananas, a couple oranges and apples, and then drink the smoothie? there is no heat so the nutrients aren't being destoryed and its still raw live fruit, so im thinking this can be a fun new way for me to succeed.

im trying to be strong..!! im just happy i even know about fruitariansm and its an option, imagine not even knowing about fruitarianism and being sheltered and never knowing the benefits of going raw?!?!?!?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Making fruit smoothies on a fruitarian diet. Any ideas has anyone had success with this?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 28, 2006 05:10AM

I love fruit smoothies. My favorite is a banana, a pear and/or apple and a mango. I blend this up and then add a heaping tablespoon of spirulina and blend again until it is mixed. That is my lunch on most days. Very filling with the spirulina in it. David Wolfe said that spirulina is the highest form of protein on the earth!!!! And I love it!!
In David's book 'the Sunfood diet success system' he claims that unless you get a balanced fruit (sugar), greens, fats...you have a hard time staying raw. I highly recommend this book. It all makes sense!!

Re: Making fruit smoothies on a fruitarian diet. Any ideas has anyone had success with this?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 28, 2006 05:14AM

Blending is great.

Posted by: innerview ()
Date: September 28, 2006 05:21AM

Fruit Smoothies are yummie... throw some greens in there for added measure if you feel inspired to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables