Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
Posted by: adamlogan ()
Date: August 06, 2011 11:52PM

Hey all.

So I'm just wondering what your experiences & opinions are with Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar in general. Please include how long you have used it when you post. I got a small bottle and am going to experiment.

Do any of you drink it straight? Otherwise what is your approach to drinking/eating this stuff.

I am reluctant to buy the Bragg informational books when I'm already making green smoothies. I'm surprised there is no older thread about this so here we are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 06, 2011 11:58PM

I have many of their books. I think you can get by with one or two of them, but I didn't get the connection with green smoothies. There are many uses of acv so the book on it is quite interesting and relatively cheap. You would never drink it straigtht--it's diluted in distilled/purified water and some people add a bit of honey (but you don't have to obviously). I think it's great to alkalinize a person and I do believe it enhances digestion and dissolves crystals that lead to inflammation and arthritis. I always use acv in salad dressings with olive oil and Braggs liquid aminos.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 07, 2011 10:05AM

Apple cider vinegar is great for increasing stomach acid, for those with poor digestion. Tablespoon mid meal is good enough.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 07, 2011 02:20PM

Diluted with water; I find this solution a nice, refreshing, pick-me-up as an alternative to lemon water when drunk ice cold on a hot, humid day, when digestion can be sluggish smiling smiley

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 07, 2011 05:02PM

I believe it helped me get over my gout two years ago.
Vinny

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 07, 2011 06:28PM

eaglefly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe it helped me get over my gout two years
> ago.
> Vinny

Apple cider vinegar is rich in malic acid which helps break down uric acid crystals.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: adamlogan ()
Date: August 08, 2011 03:43AM

@ BannanaWho

I can just add the acv to my green smoothies. So it's like why bother with buying a booklet which I assume has some recipes for using the acv.

Thanks for the input all.

If the booklets are cheap enough I might check em out just for the heck of it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables