Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Food testing
Posted by: rab ()
Date: August 07, 2011 02:03AM

If people think that some food or beverage is good for them, there may be a good test: simply have that particular food item as THE ONLY food you eat for a day or more. So, if coffee is good, just drink only coffee for a day, see how you feel. If meat is good, just eat meat...and so on.
Even better test - eat the same food 3 or more days (I don't really advise this, just making a point).

So, still think hot dogs are fine? Eat them 3 days, don't eat anything else. See how you feel. They shouldn't be harmful to you, should they?

How is it that we the people don't see these obvious facts? Humans are very, very naive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Food testing
Posted by: jargon ()
Date: August 07, 2011 03:34AM

...I think this idea is inherently flawed. People typically like variety, so no matter what the food is, if they eat nothing but one thing for three days in a row, they will be (mentally) sick of it. I love hotdogs. But I like my hotdogs with raw onions, mustard, celery salt (as a minimum), or chicago style with lots of vegetables. If I ate that combination of foods for three days, I can almost certainly say I would not feel physically sick. But after the first two days, I'd want to eat something else.

Likewise, if I eat nothing but a bowl of various fruits for three days, fruits will begin to seem very unappealing very quickly.

I don't think anyone claims that hotdogs are healthy for you. If you eat them every day, you are very likely to get sick over time. People do things that are harmful to themselves every day. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 07, 2011 05:04PM

Seems to me this test would have more of an emotional outcome,rather than a purely physical one.
Meaning you would get bored with the same food rather than it making you feel physically bad.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2011 05:05PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: August 07, 2011 08:03PM

The point I am trying to make is slightly different: you can easily eat only apples for seven days and you will even feel good. If you did the same with any SAD food, you would feel horrible. For example: the best bread in the world. If you ate just the bread and nothing else for a week, you will be very miserable. You will survive, but will not feel that well. If you just ate steaks for seven days, you would feel horrible. Miserable. So, why would you think that something that makes you miserable is good for you? That is all I had to say.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables