Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Water Fasting
Posted by: chefskai ()
Date: August 08, 2011 07:31AM

I have been water fasting now for a few months....just a few days at a time...for various reasons. From curiosity to cleansing to waste release...etc. I find it amazing and wish I had gotten over the fear to cleanse this way along time ago. I find it far superior to juicing...even though juicing is a powerhouse too. My urge to eat never clicked off when I was juicing. When Im on water alone, I really have no desire to eat at all. I may feel a hunger gripe but nothing that a gulp of water can pull down.

Anyway, I would love to know your thoughts about the water vibes? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water Fasting
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: August 08, 2011 09:08AM

chefskai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyway, I would love to know your thoughts about
> the water vibes?
Juice Fasting is Good, Water Fasting is Better, but Dry Fasting is Best....just be careful.
Remember, any Fool can fast....it's what you eat when not-fasting that is most important......WY
P.S. A good Goal when fasting is to clean the Colon...then keep it that way when refeeding begins.
Make up your own Rules.

Posted by: chefskai ()
Date: August 08, 2011 03:53PM

Thanks! I appreciate that!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 08, 2011 06:34PM

I like to water fast too, at least once a week. In fact, I'm water-fasting today (I hope).

Water is good because it helps wash out accumulated muck, and also moves all the body processes required for being alive.

I agree with WY that it's very important to make sure the right stuff goes in after/between fasts!

Posted by: jargon ()
Date: August 08, 2011 07:07PM

What do you guys mean after making sure the right foods are eaten following a water fast? Are you referring to very specific foods, or just healthy foods overall?

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 08, 2011 08:56PM

Well, I just meant healthy foods overall. For me that means raw vegan, and not too many nuts/seeds/dried fruits the day after the fast.

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: August 12, 2011 12:27PM

One day sounds good, but I can't do more than that. If you're really eating well I don't see why you'd need a long fast, but if you're transitioning off a SAD diet, maybe a longer fast would be great.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: August 12, 2011 02:58PM

I tried a water fast once for three days and crashed my metabolism. I ended up gaining twenty pounds afterwards eating lightly! It was miserable, but everyone's metabolism is different. I have switched to a leek soup fast (the one from French Women Don't Get Fat) and have had great results in the weight arena. It's a great book.

Kudos though to people who can water fast. From what I've seen in others it makes your eyes sparkle something fierce.

Just thinking about water, ever read the Hidden Messages in Water? That was an enlightening book /websites +pictures.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables