Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

will raw food enhance my immune system?
Posted by: jj2011 ()
Date: August 09, 2011 09:36PM

Hi all,

After eating more than 3 weeks raw foods (90%), I began to have seasonal allergy symptoms (I live in New York and this is Beginning of August). I used to have seasonal allergy during October.

Will raw food make me more vulnerable? or is this normal reaction for the beginner?

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: will raw food enhance my immune system?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 09, 2011 09:38PM

Allergies stem from poor adrenal gland function, increasing raw foods generally helps due to being rich in vitamin C and other micro nutrients such as vitamin b5 which are essential for good adrenal gland function.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: August 09, 2011 09:47PM

Of coarse it will help your immune system, and it is perfectly ok to have reactions whatever they may be, and allergies could be the effect. I have seen many different reations and people get discouraged, so don't. But make sure to not eat any junk while in transition so you can guage how you are reacting to all of it. Hope you are eating organic

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: August 10, 2011 03:47AM

I've been mostly raw for almost 3 years now and I haven't had a cold or the flu once... I have other issues going on with my digestion but that is sort of why i am raw but everything else... not a thing... and in fact when "flu season" strikes and people say "oh don't come to close to me I'm sick..." I give them a great big hug confident ... that is just what they need and I'll be fine. So in response to your question Yes!!!

love laugh and dream

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 10, 2011 01:34PM

Not really, though it may take some time for you body to adjust, during which period you may be more sensitive to things.

I think, if you haven't already, jj, it would be really helpful to use the SEARCH function on this forum to see older threads discussing this, and other topics. I found it sooooooo useful when I first got here! Good luck smiling smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 10, 2011 01:42PM

There are many different parts to the immune system also and yeah foods provide critical nutrients and other beneficial phyto-nutrients and compounds such as polysaccharides which stimulate and modulate certain parts of the immune system.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables