Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Daily Calories???
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: August 12, 2011 07:00PM

I k now that it's not all about calories... but I have been recently writing down my food and putting it through cronometer... and I was wondering if you would share what your daily calorie intake is and if it is different for a raw foodist ... how and why if at all?!? I'd really appreciate your wisdom on this. I am still having trouble getting enough Vitamin D and my B vitamins and amino's are low though i am taking a B suplement... i'm not sure i really notice a difference... my caloric intake is right around 1500-1800... don't really know what answers i'm looking for but just curious about what the raw foods world thinks about calories and it's importance etc etc... hope you are having a beautiful day

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Daily Calories???
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 12, 2011 07:44PM

luvyuu,

[Caveat: no idea here what my caloric intake is]

How active are you? If you're athletic, you prolly need several hundred more calories than that.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 13, 2011 12:53PM

You might find this helpful:
Calorie counting or Hunger?

Regards,
Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Februarygirl ()
Date: August 23, 2011 01:29AM

maybe your issue is not calories, but absorption?

februarygirl

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 23, 2011 11:24AM

What foods are you getting your calories from?

If it is largely fruits and vegetables i would up them as in my opinion for 1800 in a normal SAD diet you need about 2500 to equate to the same, possibly even more to get enough of a broad scope of amino acids and other nutrients.

You wont get vitamin D from raw vegan foods so if you have poor sunlight, supplementation is necessary. There are now vegan society approved vitamin D sprays.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables