Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

wheatgrass juice and candida
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: August 16, 2011 04:10AM

hello-

i had been drinking a lot of wheatgrass juice, like 6-8 oz a day, for therapeutic reasons, until recently when i realized that the super high sugar content in tray grown grass might be feeding my candida.

does anyone know if wheatgrass juice helps promote a healthy intestinal balance when there is candida overgrowth? all of the standard candida diets recommend to stay away from it because of the sugar.

can anyone out there offer some help?

thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wheatgrass juice and candida
Date: August 26, 2011 05:48PM

I have been adhereing to an anti-candida diet for the last two weeks or so and the program I am following has not ruled that out as a choice and actually, I am allowed to eat carrots and beets which are both high in "sugar". It also allows me to eat granny smith apples, grapefruit and blueberries.

I figure wheatgrass would come with less effects than the former options listed. Perhaps 6-8 oz is a bit much though. Maybe 2 oz would be more appropriate until off the candida diet. Just a thought, if it is causing you issues.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 26, 2011 08:28PM

I wouldnt worry about wheatgrass and candida for the amounts you'd intake wheatgrass it would be of no issue.

Like i said in the other thread getting the terrain back into its acidic PH and repopulated with gut flora is the way forward.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: August 27, 2011 03:01AM

I've gone back to drinking the wheatgrass juice, about 2 oz a day, and also adding back my fruit smoothies in the morning and fresh juice in the afternoon. I'm feeling great so far, even with the added sugar from the fresh fruit and juice. It just didn't seem right to leave out all this healthy stuff. I was really craving it and missing it for the few weeks I was leaving it out.

I've also been supplementing with probiotics, and doing the other things to get my gut back in shape.

Powerlifer, do you have any idea how long it takes for the flora to balance out and everything to be in a good state again?

Posted by: merry ()
Date: August 27, 2011 07:33AM

If you put the type of dried yeast for bread making in sugar water or with flour it will come to life and bubble. I wonder if it would do the same put in wheatgrass juice? maybe not a fully scientifc study but I'm curious to know.... But as powerlifer said I doubt you would be taking in large enough quantities to feed candida....if its benefiting the way you feel I would stay with it...

Date: August 27, 2011 10:20AM

marsh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Powerlifer, do you have any idea how long it takes
> for the flora to balance out and everything to be
> in a good state again?

It depends on multiple factors really including diet, everyone is different. You would hope after a good regime of repopulating the flora and stimulating/feeding with prebiotics for a couple of months you'd be in much better standing.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: August 27, 2011 03:12PM

ok. That's encouraging. Thanks.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: August 27, 2011 07:32PM

marsh, drink two onces twice a day, extensive studies have shown this to be the best. You can drink more if you like and AGAIN it does not feed fungus it kills it in a sense. Your smoothies feed it for sure. You can heal from fungus while using fruit depending on how weak your system is. Complete digestine will be the key, use the digestive drink i told you about.

Date: August 28, 2011 03:44AM

After 3 or 4 days of my smoothies, I am starting to feel like crap again. So foggy... I feel like there's so much going on, it's so hard to isolate the real culprit. Honestly, I wish I could just quit eating altogether, but of course that's not an option.

I made some cooked beans yesterday, and after I ate not more than 1/8 of a cup or so, I felt so sick. I'm done with cooked stuff for now. I just can't handle it.

I think I'm having some sort of cleansing reaction- I have been dealing with constipation for weeks. And all I eat are mostly salads, a few nuts and seeds and now some fruit. I thought the fruit would be good for that, but maybe it's just feeding the candida.

My culinary options are becoming less and less. Oh well. I really don't mind if it will help me improve my health.

Maybe I'll increase the wheatgrass like I had been doing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2011 03:47AM by marsh.

Date: August 28, 2011 04:16AM

I can't edit anymore...

but I've been thinking, I can't really blame the fruit for feeling really awful right now. I think this must be a phase, some sort of healing crisis or cleansing reaction. I really feel borderline ill.. headache, nausea, etc. and I am eating so healthy.

I am pretty convinced that my body is just flooded with toxins. I'm just going to have to tough it out and I'll have to keep doing emenas as needed to get this waste out... until the plumbing is less overloeaded.

Glad you guys are here with me... the support is great smiling smiley

Posted by: merry ()
Date: August 28, 2011 05:36AM

if you're doing enemas how can you be constipated? sorry just asking - and don't too many enemas make normal bm less easy??

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: August 28, 2011 01:04PM

i actually first got introduced to probiotics by taking Avon's Flat Stomach. I've been trying to find out the dosage on that bottle because the anti candida effect is practically instantaneous. Maybe one day to like totally deflate. Amazing. Sadly, I gave the bottle away to my brother and can't find any info on it and it's sold out everywhere. (I suppose I should at least call him and ask if he still has the bottle.) I'm wondering what strain they used and everything. I have a different brand of probiotics but it's definitely not as dramatically effective. The dosage they recommend seems pretty low. Drinking some kombuscha used to work pretty fast too, but now I'm so fat it's hard to tell.

marsh, you are probably just detoxing. are you drinking enough water? they say 8 glasses a day! i've been struggling with that. i don't know that much about wheatgrass, but i remember reading an article that says 1 oz of wheatgrass juice is equal in chloryphyll to 25 pounds of green vegetables. could it be possible you're getting too much of a good thing? i wouldn't do wheatgrass more than once a week. the detox action is pretty intense. if you're having problems with your eliminations, then your just recirculating all those toxins.
do you have access to a sauna or are you exercising enough to sweat it out? that might help.

i remember when i was really raw, i ate a bunch of cooked spinach and even that made me feel icky.

Date: August 28, 2011 04:26PM

Merry-
I'm doing the enemas because my bowels are not moving on their own. It's been going on for weeks, for as long as I've been on this steady path of detoxing and re-building my health. There's another thread I started about candida where I go into the specifics of what's going on with me. They are not high enemas I am doing, just about 8-12 ounces at a time- enough to stimulate the bowels to move. And I am passing alot of weird, strong smelling stuff. If I don't do this, like I have tried, after 2 or 3 days, I feel and look really ill. My diet cannot get any more pristine. At this point, I really think it's just detox, but I am open-minded if anyone has another idea or opinion.

Rawalice-
I have a good probiotic- 2 different ones, actually. I could step up the water, it's hard for me, too sometimes. I know I probably need more. That's a good idea. No way can I do any exercise program right now. I am waaaay to fatigued for that. Tamuka mentioned yoga in another thread. I've yet to get started with that. I think that would be a great place to start. I'm pretty committed to the wheatgrass therapy. I believe it is helping me, and also probably causing some of the detox symptoms.

Thanks for your thoughts. I really appreciate it. I do feel better this morning. This crappy feeling/detoxing comes in waves.

Date: August 28, 2011 09:50PM

merry Wrote:
> if you're doing enemas how can you be constipated?
> sorry just asking - and don't too many enemas make
> normal bm less easy??

I think she means implants, you can do this for long periods of time with no problems.

Date: August 28, 2011 10:06PM

marsh Wrote:
> After 3 or 4 days of my smoothies, I am starting
> to feel like crap again. So foggy... I feel like
> there's so much going on, it's so hard to isolate
> the real culprit. Honestly, I wish I could just
> quit eating altogether, but of course that's not
> an option.
>
> I made some cooked beans yesterday, and after I
> ate not more than 1/8 of a cup or so, I felt so
> sick. I'm done with cooked stuff for now. I just
> can't handle it.
>
> I think I'm having some sort of cleansing
> reaction- I have been dealing with constipation
> for weeks. And all I eat are mostly salads, a few
> nuts and seeds and now some fruit. I thought the
> fruit would be good for that, but maybe it's just
> feeding the candida.
>
> My culinary options are becoming less and less. Oh
> well. I really don't mind if it will help me
> improve my health.
>
> Maybe I'll increase the wheatgrass like I had been
> doing.

As someone else noted you say you are constipated but you are doing all these implants? so you cant be constipated! I hate to say I told you so but well there ya go, about the fruit smoothies, and beans are horrible for yeast. If you want to eat a fruit that will relieve constipation use cherries. I cant be sure at this point but you very well could have Leaky Gut. This is very difficult to diagnose but there are ways, if you want PM me. Don't drink to much WG all at once. I would diagnose for LG and perhaps do a liver gallblader flush. Gall stones are very common. You could also get a comprehensive stool sample done by a holistic doctor to see how your digestine is. Another great tool is Live Blood Analysis. This will tell you and give you tremendous insight as to what to do with your programe. It is the only test that will show if you have yeast and parasites, and will shed some light on many other organ funtions1

Date: August 28, 2011 10:55PM

The typical massive amount of oil, epsom style liver flush is a sham. Even with the magnesium dilating the bile ducts you wouldn't able to get these "stones" through. Lab tests have shown that these "stones" that come out were comprised of the above i.e just a mixture of the cleanse ingredients.

Real gallstones also sink in water and don't float.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: August 28, 2011 11:57PM

yes.. to clarify- I'm doing implants. It had been, that if i didn't do them, my bowels wouldn't move very much on their own, which in my mind is constipation. I don't think it was the smoothies. Those I have only added back a few days ago and this has been going on (off and on) since I began detoxing 2 or 3 months ago.

I am seeing progress. Today everything moved fine on its own. It may back up again, but I am pretty convinced this is just my body being overloaded- which is fine with me. I'm happy to put up with a little discomfort to get cleaned out.

I could go on and on searching for all kinds of potential health problems, but I'm not really into doing that. I like the approach of building and focusing on HEALTH. Feeding the good bacteria, eating foods that support me, and resting now more than I had let myself do these past couple of years of extreme stress (which I have eliminated).

It's all good. I'm glad you guys are all here. It's great to get some feedback and support. All in all, I do feel alot better since I first began. I'm just in the middle of some major "housecleaning" right now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables