Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

green propolis?
Posted by: jj2011 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 12:07AM

Hi all,

I was recommended by my friend to take "green propolis".
Does anyone take green propolis? Does anyone know whether
it contains estrogen?
Please see the link [www.royalnatural.ca]

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: green propolis?
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 20, 2011 01:22AM

From Wikipedia:

"Occasionally, worker bees will even gather various caulking compounds of human manufacture, when the usual sources are more difficult to obtain. The properties of the propolis depend on the exact sources used by each individual hive; therefore any potential medicinal properties that may be present in one hive's propolis may be absent from another's, and the distributors of propolis products cannot control such factors. This may account for the many and varied claims regarding medicinal properties, and the difficulty in replicating previous scientific studies investigating these claims. Even propolis samples taken from within a single colony can vary, making controlled clinical tests difficult, and the results of any given study cannot be reliably extrapolated to propolis samples from other areas."

Also, one reason bees gather propolis is to: "prevent diseases and parasites from entering the hive, and to inhibit bacterial growth".

Bees are dying. I hope you will not support industries that exploit them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2011 01:23AM by suncloud.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables