Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can You Finish A Page On The Porcelain Throne? If So, You're Not Eating Well
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: August 26, 2011 12:29AM

I never imagined bowel movements would be such a telling testament to our body's health.

As part of the colitis I suffered with for many years, from the time I was in my early teens up until my early 20s, I was more or less always constipated. Things got worse the older I got.

Statistically speaking, less than half of us have ideal bowel movements, and laxatives are a billion dollar industry in the United States alone, society's attempt to overcome with pills a problem arising from food.

When I'm talking to clients with digestive and elimination problems, I sometimes throw them a litmus test they can judge their success by: if they open up a book or magazine when they sit down on the toilet and can finish a page before they've finished, they're probably doing something wrong.

Bowel movements should be quick, clean, and relatively odorless. I never imagined just how quick they'd be before I started a healthy raw food diet.

When people don't have this sort of quick experience, they're probably eating one of the foods that causes us problems.

I outline what foods cause constipation and how to escape constipation forever here: [www.raw-food-health.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can You Finish A Page On The Porcelain Throne? If So, You're Not Eating Well
Posted by: janeisgreen ()
Date: August 26, 2011 01:39PM

Good article! I've already forwarded the link to a couple of family members who I know have bowel 'issues'!

Re: Can You Finish A Page On The Porcelain Throne? If So, You're Not Eating Well
Date: August 26, 2011 03:56PM

I never understood the magazines-in-the-bathroom thing. It's spooky to think anybody would need to sit on a toilet that long. Ick. ;-)

RB

Form follows focus.

allthoughtswork.wordpress.com

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 26, 2011 03:58PM

Good post, Andrew!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 26, 2011 06:08PM

i love the stool chart thats great smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 26, 2011 08:14PM

Jodi,

i love the stool chart thats great

Yep, we raw foodists are a totally different animal, all right; can you imagine what the average person reading your comment would think? LOL!

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 26, 2011 08:50PM

The first time i seen that stool chart was with Gillian Mckeith who get me into raw food and vegansmiling smiley. She used to do a program you are what you eat and would go through your fridge and poo.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: August 26, 2011 09:27PM

powerlifer,

I think I read this--

would go through your fridge and poo
--wrong. Er, I think . . .

Date: August 27, 2011 12:06AM

So, I've just watched a few of those Gillian McKeith Scary Scottish Nutritionist videos on YouTube, and they are really interesting! Appalling, but interesting!Thanks for mentioning, powerlifer smiling smiley

Posted by: merry ()
Date: August 27, 2011 07:35AM

I know that I'm always much better in that area with a high raw diet than a cooked one....

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 27, 2011 08:10PM

I hate sitting on the john, and I want to make it as quick and efficient as possible. My biggest fantasy is to have an ergonomic toliet in my home. My partner is opposed to it, as he always says something about wanting and needing to fully evacuate, which in his mind means sitting on the throne for a long time.

But in the lower more correct position it doesn't take as long, and if you do raw foods it should take even less time. There is another issue which I am not sure is addressed in the article. My partner is also afraid of getting loose stools and often looks to eat rice or white bread to stop himself up. What? I just don't get it on some level, wanting to evacuate completely, and yet wanting to stop things up. I think its just that he doesn't want to have a 'surprise' need to use the bathroom outside of the perfectly ideal sanitary toliet of home.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 28, 2011 01:14AM

Oh my.
I have what I call toilet church.
I have daily devotionals I can finish on the pot.
Guess I need to find another place to read?
Viny

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: August 28, 2011 01:38PM

hahaha, what a good idea vinny
oh Jesus that was a great load!
thank you Jesus / God , halleighlughiah
seriously, i find that if you can manage getting your feet up on the rim, it helps speed things up..
halleighlughiah, praise Jesus!
i pray everyone in the world can take a good dump whenever they need to, including myself.

Oh man, check out this passage from Our Daily Bread online. I just googled devotional to make sure.. and this just happenned to be the passage of the day:

No chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness. —Hebrews 12:11

lol smiling smiley

Date: August 28, 2011 02:23PM

Well, there is a jewish bathroom prayer, for after you are finished.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Robin-811 ()
Date: August 28, 2011 06:18PM

This is good. I always thought I was a quicky because I had other things to do!

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 29, 2011 12:15AM

rawsomebodybuilder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never understood the magazines-in-the-bathroom
> thing. It's spooky to think anybody would need to
> sit on a toilet that long. Ick. ;-)
>
> RB

LOL!!!! I think the word "spooky" is funny but I would say gross. I just don't get it. If you have to grab a mag, just wait until you REALLY have to go!

Date: August 29, 2011 12:25PM

"If you have to grab a mag, just wait until you REALLY have to go!"

I think thats funny. I know one person who complains about needing to go during a walk, to rush to a bathroom, and then look for the right reading material for 5-10 minutes. I am thinking, you must not really need to go.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 29, 2011 03:50PM

You know it actually used to **** me off when people would take magazines into the bathroom. I always read whilst eating my meals as i find it relaxing but to think my magazines or the paper has been in the bathroom whilst someone is wiping themselves, flicking the pages, wiping themselves some more, sitting around with there dirty hands flicking more pages whilst on the john, wash there hands then stick the magazine pack on the pile really annoyed me lol.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: August 29, 2011 09:16PM

ew...well that was something I never thought about. But my partner has thought about it, and said something similiar about library books. I always wondered why he was so particular about cleaning them so well. He has almost defaced the cover of many books, with windex. Spraying and wiping, smearing letters trying to get them clean. He said they have been on someones bathroom, the bathroom of public places, train floors, who knows where...

The other irritating thing is waiting for other people who take a long time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables