Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cacao beans and iron question
Posted by: merry ()
Date: September 08, 2011 07:40AM

Hello, I know that cacao beans are something that some raw food eaters like, but that a lot of forum users don't think they are so good for the body because of stimulant properties.
I have a local supply of them and sometimes I use some in raw sweets but only in small quantites now and then...so far I never felt any negative effect but I have never eaten them regularly.
I was reading something about cacao beans on internet and it said that 1 oz of cacao beans contains 314 % of our daily iron needs. Since I am always borderline low with my haemaglobin levels I got interest in that - so if I eat only 1/2 ounce cacao I get 150% of my iron needs??it sounds better than taking iron supplements...
Is this really true or is it some false advertising...?
i dont want to put links to the websites where i saw the info because it is company info but its easy to find doing a google search for cacao beans and iron content..
thank you for any replies.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables