Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Deal With Raw Kombucha Tea
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: September 15, 2011 06:26PM

Raw kombucha tea, a fermented beverage with tons of health claims attached to it, is becoming popular among some raw foodists, with recipes and brewing directions appearing on many raw food blogs.

I've recently been getting a lot of questions about the drink, and decided to spend some time seeing if there was any research backing up the claims.

What surprised me wasn't the lack of evidence for any sort of benefit, but kills a lot of people , and researchers are suggesting people stay away from it.

I explain what the science says about Kombucha here: [www.raw-food-health.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Deal With Raw Kombucha Tea
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 15, 2011 06:39PM

The very poorly constructed studies that are decades old were found out to be caused by contaminated kombucha. You must read the studies further before taking them at face value.

Acetic acid has been shown to aid digestion and nutrient absorption, kill a variety of different microbes, control candida(same acetic acid which is produced naturally by the gut flora to keep candida in its natural yeast form) and more.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 15, 2011 07:56PM

Ha-ha! Ascetic acid is deadly; I'll have to tell all my cooking school instructors that they're poisoners!

Seriously, while I appreciate an examination of this topic, and am not devoted to the use of this beverage, I must quibble. As any Soviet clinician would tell us, properly brewed kombucha, as well as other fermented foods, can be used medicinally to heal a host of disorders. That the West is ignorant of these things is to be expected, and can in no way be considered definitive. The millenia-old history of fermented foods being used medicianlly rather controverts any Natural Hygienist argument that kombucha is deadly, as it is, like the argument that kombucha heals everything, merely hypothetical.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2011 07:57PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 15, 2011 08:08PM

Also what you are referring to in your article is concentrated acetic acid not the amount that is produced naturally via fermentation or say found in raw apple cider vinegar.

I don't know if that is the purpose of the article to bend these things out of context but only 1 study to my knowledge has shown one woman who developed a potassium deficiency from apple cider vinegar consumption, in which she was taking 8oz everyday. Being that its only one study one could grasp that its not that common at all, especially with how many consume raw apple cider vinegar daily. The woman could have had multiple other issues going on, either way one study isnt enough to put out the "facts" that your article suggests. Apple cider vinegar is actually a good source of potassium also.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2011 08:22PM by powerlifer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables