Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

dehydrators, blenders, food processors questions
Posted by: gray_catbird ()
Date: September 20, 2011 03:21AM

I want to buy a dehydrator and a food processor or blender that can do some of the things food processors do. I can't afford super expensive things such as Vitamix or Blendtec. What do you recommend?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dehydrators, blenders, food processors questions
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 20, 2011 02:25PM

Quisinart brand food processor.
Excalibur dehydrator.

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: September 20, 2011 03:56PM

Agree with eaglefly. I've had both a quisinart and excalibur for years, and love them.

Posted by: ivac ()
Date: September 20, 2011 04:35PM

I just bought this Krups mini-processor, but it didn't arrive yet. I like the emulsifying function --

[www.amazon.com]

They also make a 3-cup mini-processor that I want to get if I like this smaller one. Otherwise, I'll either get the Cuisanart

[www.amazon.com]

or KitchenAid

[www.amazon.com]

Although, whenever I want to buy something and then read the negative reviews, I decide it's not good; but everything always has some negative reviews, so it's difficult.

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: September 20, 2011 08:04PM

I have a breville juicer which was $100. I eat the pulp after sometimes. I want to move back to asia one day so buying an expensive vitamix might break, get stolen, and I don't know if I could put the blades in my suitcases and take the rest as carry-on. If you can't afford much, don't buy a cheap $40 juicer because they break and you'll waste money:/

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Date: September 20, 2011 11:31PM

I got the Krups today and tried it out. I made a pie crust out of macadamia nuts, dates and coconut nector. And I pureed some corn kernels. It worked great. Tomorrow I'm going to try out the emulsifier. I also want to try some frozen banana pieces in it because that's what broke my old Ultimate Chopper. Does anyone else use a food processor to make banana ice cream?

Posted by: Honeygal ()
Date: September 21, 2011 01:53PM

ivac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got the Krups today and tried it out. I made a
> pie crust out of macadamia nuts, dates and coconut
> nector. And I pureed some corn kernels. It worked
> great. Tomorrow I'm going to try out the
> emulsifier. I also want to try some frozen banana
> pieces in it because that's what broke my old
> Ultimate Chopper. Does anyone else use a food
> processor to make banana ice cream?

i use my mini cuisinart foodprep to make banana ice cream. turns out perfectly, though i am often worried if the container will break!

i would like to use my Blendtec to make banana ice cream, but the results have been disastrous so far.

Date: September 25, 2011 12:31PM

What do you mean that the 'results have been disastrous so far'? Did you try the frozen bananas in the Blendtec? I have a Blendtec, also. I'm scared to try my new Krups because I'm afraid I'll break it, so I'm going to search the banana ice cream recipe online and see if I can find out what they all use for processing it - besides the Champion.

When you use your Cuisinart, do you just run it continuously for a few minutes or pulse it?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 25, 2011 04:46PM

i blend the bananas first then freeze them .. far less work on my equipment smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 26, 2011 02:12AM

Since my food processor broke down (and I am not really that big on having a bunch of clunky machines clogging up my counter), I have seriously thought about just going back to a hand grater/slicer but I checked on Amazon, and lookie here:

[www.amazon.com]

Does anyone have one of these doodads? It looks pretty cool and I actually like the manual aspect to it, not to mention the purty design!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 26, 2011 04:29AM

my nana used one of those forever and a day .. i prefer my electric food processor but that would be my next choice for sure smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 27, 2011 01:07AM

Jodi, I am thinking that my VM may be able to do some of the stuff I used my food processor for. I am a bit jaded by the plastic thing in the center of the food processor. So many of these machines have it and that is what broke in my last one!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables