Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who impresses you ??
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: September 25, 2011 06:17AM

After thinking about all the Leaders in the Raw Food movement, and when I say Leaders, I mean those who make their livings that way, there's only one who impresses me......Tonya Zavasta. Not so much with her personal life, but with her Message. She just seems 'right-on' to me. And she has evolved. Her first book is different from what she's saying now. Plus, she walks-the-talk.
I'll form this as a question....
Is there anyone in the 100% Raw Food (or near-100%) Movement who impresses you ?? i.e. You like what they're saying, not necessarily the way they say it......WY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who impresses you ??
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: September 25, 2011 06:37AM

P.S.
John Kohler would be my second choice. He sells-the-heck out of those Juicers, but he has a dietary message too. Has anyone here seen his Organic Garden ? It's very impressive.......WY

Posted by: longjing ()
Date: September 25, 2011 07:48AM

it is inappropriate to try to offer healing advice to people with illness (especially if you have limited information about the person's condition), except to relate first hand experience and recommend books, articles on this site and elsewhere, and health professionals.

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: September 25, 2011 03:22PM

I'm not too familiar with a lot of the raw food leaders and pioneers out there, but recently I am really inspired by David Wolfe. The guy is a trip. He has a ton of energy, is super charismatic, looks like the picture of health, and I agree with his general philosophy. I want to get his book on superfoods.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: September 25, 2011 06:16PM

I'm very impressed with Vesanto Melina.

Vesanto is a registered dietitian who had the courage to write "Becoming Raw" (with Brenda Davis), which in my opinion is the first book to actually focus on the nutrition of a raw food diet, based on available research.

Vesanto Melina doesn't advocate any particular type of raw food diet, but she is a credible source who is getting the word out that a raw vegan diet can be healthy. I think that's a potential giant plus for the planet!

Date: September 25, 2011 06:36PM

Tonya Zavasta is wonderful to watch! I love her!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2011 06:36PM by suncloud.

Date: September 25, 2011 06:56PM

wow. Thanks for the link, suncloud! You're right, she is great to watch.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: September 25, 2011 10:46PM

No Brian Clement lovers? The man has built a whole city on the premesis of healing major illness's. He makes his living on helping people get better and mostly educating them on how to do it them selves. He is constantly researching and studying people's blood to see how the therapy is working. Who else does this? They have 70 too 100 people there all the time and have a high rate of return guests. Great stuff!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 26, 2011 01:15PM

All of the above! Also Arnold of Arnold's Way health food store in Pennsylvania[love his YouTube vids], Doug Graham[for his confidence] and Tim Van Orden[I love how gentle his demeanor is when discussing his raw lifestyle]. Lastly, Shazzie, who has gone far afield from where she started as a raw veg, but she got me started, so I have a soft spot in me heart for her smiling smiley

longjing, this post does not violate the site rules. Nor any other rules that I can think of. There are people who personify healthy living and it is prudent to observe how they live and to consider it in assessing one's own lifestyle. Humans learn by experience, but also by example smiling smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 26, 2011 01:43PM

As far as knowledge on health and nutrition i cant say ive been blown away by any of the so called leaders or gurus ive seen so far(not heard of a few in this thread already though). Infact if you analyze many bits and pieces of what they have to say alot of it is garbage and some real rookie errors when it comes to basic human physiology. Thats not saying you cant pick up gems here and there, i just think many of these gurus get alot more credit than they deserve and it becomes more about the personality rather than the information.

Saying that i do enjoy most of these guys videos on an entertainment level, i currently am enjoying Arnolds videos as there always nice and down to earth.

When it comes to knowledge i prefer to just stick with books on nutrition or human physiology/biology these days, in most cases i can be sure the information will be 90% correct.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2011 01:50PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 26, 2011 03:31PM

hes not raw but i find this kid quite inspirational smiling smiley [www.birkeonthefarm.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: September 26, 2011 04:12PM

David Wolfe - his sunfood book is THE raw book imo, his enthusiasm justs bursts off the page.

Durianrider - used to dismiss him but he's really turned me onto fruit and is a good advert for 80/10/10.

Date: September 26, 2011 05:42PM

Go Birke!

Date: September 26, 2011 10:13PM

WanderRA-

Which Sunfood book by David Wolfe are you referring to? It looks like he has 2.

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: September 27, 2011 09:11AM

marsh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WanderRA-
>
> Which Sunfood book by David Wolfe are you
> referring to? It looks like he has 2.

He does? 'the Sunfood diet success system' maybe an update of what you're reffering to, as Superfoods, eating for beauty and naked chocolate are the only other books hes wrote (and co wrote natures first law) smiling smiley

Date: September 27, 2011 04:15PM

haha.. I found it. I am all of a sudden in love with that guy. Yesterday I ordered his Sunfood, Superfoods and Beauty books. Can't get enough of him right now smiling smiley

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: September 27, 2011 09:00PM

In no particular order, Vesanto Melina, Brenda Davis, Doug Graham, Joel Fuhrman, Cherie Soria, Tonya Zavasta, Jack Norris, Tamara (Tamuka), Suncloud [disclaimer, I am broadening the definition of who inspires me beyond who makes their living that way, many on this board inspire me]. Moving on, John Kohler, inspite of the honey, Prana (Bryan Yamamato), Henry (Wheatgrass Yogi), Raw Preston, Curator, Trive, Jodi, Gabriel Cousins, Brian Clement,

Not David Wolfe or Harley, something about put downs and lawsuits.

Paul

Posted by: RawVeganLady ()
Date: September 27, 2011 10:55PM

WOW! I just found this forum today and got so excited! I need to be here right now.

As for who impresses me the most, I would say Matt Monarch and Angela Stokes-Monarch. They have been very helpful to the raw food world through their YouTube videos, books, awesome recipes and personal testimonies. Angela lost approx 160 lbs. by going raw. Their dedication is motivating, contagious and has helped me and thousands of others along. Same is true for Kevin and AnneMarie Gianni for how they research and educate us on raw foods with an unbiased approach. They also have great recipes.

Again, I'm so glad to have found this forum!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 28, 2011 07:30AM

Ok, there's plenty of great people out there, Doug Graham for an all rounder, but at the moment I'm inspired by Jerico Sunfire (Richard Blackman) who used to post on here. According to him, he has been on a 16yr journey from cooked food to Breatharianism. If he's on the level, he's one increadible advertisment. I know that our liver can synthesise most of the amino acids we need, with the rest we get from food, but he's saying that our body can produce it all if we go about it right. I know it sounds out of this world, but I'm keeping an open mind about it....

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: September 28, 2011 02:48PM

Juliano for leader of the free world. smiling smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 28, 2011 02:57PM

Im ashamed to say i havent heard of half of these people, must check them out. Is Juliano the raw chef?

Most who are regularly on this forum are who impress and inspire me, everyone is knowledgeable is each of there little areas and inspire others to keep living healthy and incorporate more raw and healthy foods into there lifestyle.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: September 28, 2011 03:14PM

haha. Don't be ashamed, powerlifer, I'm in the same boat. But it's great we have all of these new names/people to check out.

And I agree with you and Paul, the people on this board are my biggest and my daily inspiration smiling smiley

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: September 28, 2011 03:56PM

Yes, Juliano i suppose. author+/-.. of Raw The Uncook Book. ***************

Posted by: vegmichelle ()
Date: September 28, 2011 04:00PM

I am definitely impressed by the UK chef Russell James, he seems so honest and dedicated in his work. He has put together a vast series comprising of 13 DVD to show how to prepare delicious raw foods as if you were a professional chef yourself! He also shares a lot of tips on food preparation that can make any dish seem effortless.
The there's author and nutritionist Joy Houston. I LOVED her weight loss program called Rocking Body Raw Food. She's such a high spirited, friendly person, you just love having her as your guide as you follow through with her program.

Keeping it raw at [rawfoodhealthwatch.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 28, 2011 08:16PM

pborst,

[blushingly]reciprocated smiling smiley

Everyone on here is pretty integral to my understanding of, and dedication to, this lifestyle!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 05, 2011 05:51AM

i'm impressed by anyone who loves themselves enough to explore what will make them ultimately happy ( raw being a core part of it)

i guess that is everyone here on this forum

kudos to y'all
YAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: rawutmamma ()
Date: October 13, 2011 06:56PM

Many listed here that I too have not heard of... My personal favs are Dan the Man and the Rawbrahs,they are very entertainingsmiling smiley. Angela Stokes-Monarch is very inspiring! And of course many people here on the board!

Posted by: Someone Else ()
Date: October 14, 2011 12:55AM

Dan McDonald has not been mentioned yet.

liferegenerator.org

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 14, 2011 03:19PM

Dan the man with the master plan!!!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 14, 2011 03:25PM

Did anyone here watch his cross country bike ride this summer?
Pretty awesome.

Vinny

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables