Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What is your favorite superfood?
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: September 25, 2011 07:28PM

Lately I've started adding more nutrient rich superfoods into my diet. There are so many out there that I'm not really that familiar with. What are your favorites and why?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is your favorite superfood?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 25, 2011 08:27PM

Hmm depends on what i was using it for as they have different applications over just the nutrient content such as chlorella and chelation of heavy metals.

If just for its nutritive properties then any of the pollens such as raw pine pollen or raw camellia sinensis pollen probably.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: September 25, 2011 10:35PM

I like Sun Chlorella, but it's hard to find it for under $1.50 per serving. eBay has it...best to buy the 500mg tablets. You have to take 15 tablets @ 200mg to make a serving....that's a lot of pills......WY

Posted by: merry ()
Date: September 26, 2011 03:04AM

I feel really good with moringa powder - it seems to make me feel more clear headed and energetic without feeling any stimulant effect....and I tend to get side effects to everything but so far have had none with moringa....I think it has a bit of an anti inflammatory effect too..

Posted by: cy ()
Date: September 26, 2011 04:15AM

Lately I am having a lot of chia seeds and I feel very good.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 26, 2011 04:27AM

hemp seeds are my fave smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: September 26, 2011 04:05PM

well, I've been thinking about this, and I think mine is still wheatgrass juice. It is so vital and rich in chlorophyll and full of so many nutrients and enzymes. I do believe that grass is such a primary, basic food. It is plentiful and cheap (I grow my own) and hands down my number one superfood that I have relied on for a long time.

However, that being said, I started this thread because so many other great powerhouses are coming in to focus from all over the world. I think that as we are becoming more and more exposed to toxins in our environment, and our soils are becoming rapidly depleted, nature provides us with solutions.

Of course fresh and vital is always best, but I don't live up in the Andes mountains to secure my fresh Maca root, and I can't walk down the road in India and harvest some Ashwagandha, so powdered and processed is my closest option. For me, it's better to have that than none at all.

So I want to learn more about nature's bounty of fabulous health-building resources. Thanks to all who posted here.... my quest to find out more continues.

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: September 26, 2011 08:39PM

Goji berries.. they have become a staple in any smoothy I make. Got to ride to Tesco tommorow and stock up.

Date: September 26, 2011 09:07PM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like Sun Chlorella, but it's hard to find it for
> under $1.50 per serving. eBay has it...best to buy
> the 500mg tablets. You have to take 15 tablets @
> 200mg to make a serving....that's a lot of
> pills......WY

In my opinion Sun Chlorella is no better than any other Organic Chlorella powder from a good supplier that has been tested properly etc. Its the brand your paying for.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: September 26, 2011 11:26PM

powerlifer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> In my opinion Sun Chlorella is no better than any
> other Organic Chlorella powder from a good
> supplier that has been tested properly etc. Its
> the brand your paying for.
That's probably right, but Sun Chlorella convinced me they do a better
job of breaking the Cell walls than the other Brands. I bought some Chlorella from Dr. Mercola that was much less expensive, but I've yet to try it.
Where do you get yours?......WY

Date: September 27, 2011 10:01AM

I source my organic chlorella powder from a UK importer then from my own store, which is cracked cell wall also. Best to always make sure its cracked cell wall and that its been tested for levels of metals and bacteria and thus conforms to standards etc.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: September 27, 2011 02:23PM

I found a good company that offers Sun Chlorella for about $1 per serving (6 tablets=1 serving). I usually take 2 servings per day.
You owe it to yourself to try it......WY

[www.allstarhealth.com]

Date: September 27, 2011 03:11PM

Ive tried sun chlorella quite a few times WY, they are a good brand and it is good quality chlorella but no more so like i say than any other organic high quality cracked cell wall Chlorella powder which can be bought for cheaper.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2011 03:13PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: September 28, 2011 04:07PM

grapefruit juice
yerba mate
raw cocoa

Posted by: merry ()
Date: September 29, 2011 04:06AM

I like hunza apricots too (after soaking them) - you can eat the kernal as well as the fruit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables