Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Overwhelmed and need some tips
Posted by: mazena ()
Date: September 26, 2011 07:16PM

Hi everyone, I've been raw for 4 months now and loving every second of it. However, I'm really overwhelmed by the planning and preparation processes. We (my life partner and I ) are very busy professionals, and we are very curious and interested to learn how other fellow raw foodists are managing planning and preparing.

Please tell me we are not the only ones smiling smiley

Thanks everyone.

Maz

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Overwhelmed and need some tips
Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: September 26, 2011 08:37PM

Try monomeals (monoeating)

ie eating 1 type of fruit/veg until you're full. Not all your meals have to be elaborate, gourmet stuff. Much easier on digestion too.. poor food combining is serious business.

If Im in a rush to go somewhere.. I'll take 3-4 bananas.. or a small bagfull of mixed cashew/raisens.

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: September 26, 2011 10:20PM

Smoothies. Get your fruit, greens, any superfood /supplements you want to add, blend it up and you're done. I have this daily for at least one meal. It's delicious, super easy and packed with nutrition.

Posted by: RawBliss ()
Date: September 26, 2011 10:43PM

To be overwhelmed by the planning + prep is completely normal in the beginning. You're embracing a whole new paradigm of health + healing. As already mentioned, green smoothies is a wonderfully quick + simple way to enjoy nutrient dense foods. Keep it simple + make mistakes + have fun with it. It's an amazing journey rich in learning. You'll be an ole pro in no time.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 26, 2011 10:44PM

Agree with Wander and marsh: when I first tried a test phase of raw, I did gourmet raw and lasted for two months. I realized that, as a trained cook who willingly went through many, many steps to make a vegetarian curry from scratch, I was still exceeding that ratio of work, for a lesser culinary return, on gourmet raw. I just decided to eat the individual things--raw fruits, vegetables, nuts--that I was concocting into complicated gourmet raw meals separately instead, and found they tasted better and took less prep time consumed with little or no modification.

That said, if you are still intent on making more complex raw dishes, I cannot over-recommend Jennifer Cornbleet's Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People. The recipes really are easy and satisfying.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: September 27, 2011 12:11AM

On Page 2 of the "Recipes and Food Preparation" forum is an entry I added a while back called "Wrap Fillings GALORE!" It has a long list of different filling recipes for filling lettuce leaves. Many are very simple, although some are complicated. I liked making them a lot when I was first making raw foods because many reminded me of things I was used to eating. It seems that the longer I was raw - the simpler I got. Best wishes for your continued success. smiling smiley

My favorite raw vegan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables