Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Keeping Varicose Veins At Bay With Diet And Lifestyle Changes
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: September 27, 2011 11:43AM

Those wormy blue bulges on the legs of so many people - varicose veins - have to be among the weirdest looking of the common diseases.

Twenty-five percent of the US population puts up with them disfiguring their bodies to some degree, and outside of aesthetic considerations, many of the more severe cases cause pain, itching, and other problems.

But is this really necessary, or is this just one more disease that could be prevented without doctor visits or expensive medicines?

I know that I seem to have sidestepped the genetic curse - My mother and aunt had varicose veins at a young age, and my older brother developed them not long after graduating from college.

I took a much different path than them, though, adopting a healthy raw food diet and ratcheting up my exercise routine, and so far there's not a blue wormy bulge in sight.

But did I luck out in a game of genetic roulette, or is something more at play here?

I dive into varicose veins in this article: [www.raw-food-health.net]

Let me know what you think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Keeping Varicose Veins At Bay With Diet And Lifestyle Changes
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 27, 2011 12:03PM

Supporting capillary health is always a good start with vitamin C and silica being the two most important nutrients.

For those who already have existing varicose veins then the above is essential, but butchers broom powder can also help alot.

Your diet is probably very rich in vitamin C due to fruits and silica also due to the amount of greens that you consume as a raw foodist.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 27, 2011 12:30PM

Thanks for the article--very interesting.

The women in my family tended to not have varicose veins because, being Ukie, they always ate tons of rutin-rich buckwheat groats, and rutin is known to aid vascular tissue health. I bought some bulk raw buckwheat to see if it would sprout--success! I figure on top of all the raw fruits and veggies, sprouted buckwheat "granola" should be a bonus to my vascular health smiling smiley

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: September 27, 2011 12:38PM

RusticBohemian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dive into varicose veins in this article

> Let me know what you think.
I think you're targeting the wrong audience. You're aiming at middle-aged Women who have poor diet, and don't exercise. The average person at this Forum is Female, youngish, hopeful, knowledgeable, and not at all worried about Varicose Veins.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables