Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Trying to remember how to make raw applesauce w/ the Omega 8006
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 28, 2011 11:21PM

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong forum. I just wanted an answer ASAP. I have some delectable apples that I would like to turn into raw applesauce. I suppose I could do it in the VM but I liked that the Omega was able to separate the peel from the apple. I was trying to make it in the juicer; the apples weren't juicy and it just came out that way, LOL. Any suggestions would be most appreciatedsmiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trying to remember how to make raw applesauce w/ the Omega 8006
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: September 28, 2011 11:50PM

I think I would use a food processor. I personally would leave the peel on, but remove the stem, core and seeds. If the apples are really good, I would also just eat them as they are, or just slice them. Maybe only grind up stuff that has some sort of minor defect. Commercial applesauce is typically made from bad stuff from what I understand. I know you want to step things up a little better than usual.

Its interesting this morning I told my partner about making 'real applesause' out of good raw apples. His response was why would you want to do that? Usually bad apples become sauce.

You may want to add a little cinnamon. I actually miss that now that we are talking about applesauce. I might just make some.

Date: September 28, 2011 11:56PM

I don't have my food processor anymore so that isn't an option at the moment. I could put it thru my Vitamix. I think the manual comes with a recipe for raw applesauce. The reason I wanna do it is because it actually tasted different to me! I know that sounds funny but maybe it's because I added cinnamon. You don't need honey or sugar, either. Maybe a bit of lemon juice. But keeping the peel would probably change the texture.

Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: September 29, 2011 12:30AM

Your vitamix will work great. This is how I make apple sauce on a vitamix: [www.raw-food-health.net]

Date: September 29, 2011 12:59AM

RusticBohemian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your vitamix will work great. This is how I make
> apple sauce on a vitamix:
> [www.raw-food-health.net]
> uce.html

Schweet! Thanks a bunch!smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 29, 2011 01:01PM

Awesome video, Andrew! Thanks!

Date: September 29, 2011 02:47PM

Update: I made it this morning!smiling smiley I used the peel, which gets broken down quite well in the VM but of course you're gonna have bits so it's not totally smooth. I also put too much cinnamon in it but it's still delectable.

I must have put about 8 apples in there and it became so compact! I could easily eat half of this, if not the whole thing. Isn't it strange how we think eating 4-8 apples is somehow "wrong" and yet think nothing of 4 or 8 cookies? This could be a great weight-loss addition to a person's daily menu, especially with the cinnamon which lowers blood sugar levels. Here is some interesting info on the health benefits of apples: [www.whole-food-supplements-guide.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables