Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Reishi, Chaga, Astragulus, Milk Thistle Tea
Posted by: EddieOrso ()
Date: September 29, 2011 02:15AM

Been making fresh tea's all from whole Reishi, Chaga, Astragulus, Milk Thistle
ingredients. Badass! In a geekie health way

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reishi, Chaga, Astragulus, Milk Thistle Tea
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 29, 2011 09:30AM

Nice one, some of my favorite herbs and mushrooms. Must be great getting them fresh.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 29, 2011 01:06PM

Eddie! What does that taste like? I am guessing brothy? Hmmmm . . . .

Posted by: EddieOrso ()
Date: September 30, 2011 02:08AM

Not the greatest tea taste in the world, but ya a little brothy! lol
It's pretty good!

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: September 30, 2011 04:07PM

Because of some posts I've read here, and other things I've read recently, I have now developed a new appreciation of herbs. I guess I've adhered to an outdated model, that says they are just medicines. I still feel that many can be powerful medicines, and respected as such, but I'm now coming around to embrace them as foods as well.

I like the idea of using the tonic herbs more regularly. I think I'm going to start brewing up some teas...

Date: September 30, 2011 05:11PM

Pretty much all food could be considered medicinal anyway in my opinion herbs, spices etc obviously included.

Take any healthy food i.e fruits, vegetables etc not only do the nutrients alter the bodies physiology, the many phyto-nutrients and other compounds they contain work at a cellular level keeping you healthy via there medicinal properties. Whether thats flavonoids such as quercetin's potent anti-histamine, anti-inflammatory or anti-viral properties or broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables number of medicinal compounds such as Sulforaphane and the anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, detoxification enhancing benefits and so on.

This is why ill never understand the natural hygiene society's way of thinking, herbs are evil, toxic drugs/medicine but foods that also contain many of the same compounds/chemicals are good drugs/medicine. They seem to also completely forget the above and believe that the healing and such comes from just providing the body with the basic nutrients found in food. But many of the amazing healing powers that certain foods possess come from the unique phyto-nutrients/compounds they contain, in broccoli's case the isothiocyanates such as sulforaphane.

Sure some herbs are toxic and should be avoided, in some cases its taken way out of context in that the doses you would ingest of these herbs or spices arent in anyway toxic. Many have shown in studies pounds upon pounds of the herb to cause no toxicity. Water is toxic in excess too, in which case do you stop drinking water also.

Either way the many goodies found in healthy foods are constantly working to keep you healthy via there medicinal properties, whether that is destroying viruses and other pathogens that are linked to certain cancers, enhancing detoxification, strengthening different areas of the immune system and so on. It really is little different from consuming herbs and spices. Let food by thy medicinesmiling smiley.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2011 05:15PM by powerlifer.

Date: September 30, 2011 09:10PM

Nicely stated, powerlifer. I agree. I am definitely going to add more herbs to my diet. Some are in a sense, superfoods in a way, they are loaded with so much good stuff.

Date: September 30, 2011 09:16PM

One of the best herbs for all round health that is common, cheap and can even be found wild is nettle leaf. It is so nutritive and supports so many different organs i.e adrenal glands, thyroid, kidneys, liver, lungs/respiratory health etc.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: September 30, 2011 09:54PM

Nettle is my all time favorite right now! I stated using it as a final rinse on my hair, leaving it in to nourish and stimulate my hair follicles. And now, by your suggestion a few weeks ago, actually, I am drinking it also, 2 or 3 times a day. It's great. Even the color of the tea is awesome, so rich and dark green. It looks so power-packed, yet tastes incredibly mild. I love it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables