Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vegan Vitamin D3 Spray
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 04, 2011 02:22PM

Hey everyone, alot in the raw/vegan community have been asking when this product would be instock, well it is finally here.

This is the first 100% vegan and active vitamin D3 supplement on the market derived from plant foods.

Vitamin D deficiency has been found to be implicated in so many diseases such as auto-immune disease, heart/cardiovascular disease, weak immune system, bone disorders and so on. Raw vegan diets don't provide a dietary source of vitamin D so it is important to get adequate sunshine which allows the body to manufacture vitamin D. This is a problem for many though as in the UK etc sunlight is very poor and come the colder months the sunlight isn't strong enough to stimulate the reaction required in the body to manufacture vitamin D.

This is why numerous studies have shown around 3/4s of the UK is low or deficient in vitamin D especially around the winter months. I recently had another vitamin D blood test and was again very low. Alot of my own fault as i work indoors most of the day but the UK summer here was absolute crap anyway to be honest in regards to decent sunlight and i didnt have time for a sunny holiday this year sadly. So started the vegan vitamin D3 spray the other week and hopefully it will be back to normal levels soon. Think i will supplement even with 1 spray(200IU/100% RDA) for the long term as im mostly always inside during the day and vitamin D is mighty important.

Anyway we have got the vegan vitamin D3 spray in stock and thought i would update those who might be interested, link below.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vegan Vitamin D3 Spray
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: October 04, 2011 11:23PM

what would be a maintenance dose for the winter if my levels are currently normal?

Date: October 05, 2011 09:48AM

rufio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what would be a maintenance dose for the winter if
> my levels are currently normal?

1 spray rufio which would equal 200IU which is 100% of the RDA.

One bottle if ive corrected it right would last 5 months as at full dose(1000IU) 5 sprays one bottle lasts a month.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: Hathi4 ()
Date: October 05, 2011 02:03PM

Where in the UK are you, powerlifer? I holiday every summer in London (mostly) and it's always sunny and gorgeous (with the occasional light shower, of course). You must be up north where the weather isn't as cooperative. :-)

Date: October 05, 2011 02:09PM

Hathi4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where in the UK are you, powerlifer? I holiday
> every summer in London (mostly) and it's always
> sunny and gorgeous (with the occasional light
> shower, of course). You must be up north where the
> weather isn't as cooperative. :-)

Scotland Hathi4, the weather up here is pretty much constantly miserable lol. England tend to get the better deal when it comes to Summers and sunlight although it can be equally as bad down there at times.

It doesn't help that i am indoors pretty much constantly during the day in regards to getting some sunlight for vitamin D. This is the 2nd time i have tested low so i will probably keep supplementing for a while at full dose then go down to one spray a day just to maintain.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2011 02:10PM by powerlifer.

Date: October 05, 2011 02:22PM

Aye, I always make it up north to your glorious country, too. Was in Glasgow and Edinburgh for five days in August; and yes, it was pissing it down then. :-) Well you'll just have to come visit us here in L.A. and soak up some of our rays. In fact, my dear Weegie friend arrives for a 10-day visit next week!

Let me ask you, do you find it rough being raw in Scotland? I've yet to find a lot of raw food resources whilst I'm there and mainly rely on a lot of produce. Luckily, organic stuff is pretty plentiful and Scottish strawberries are divine, but this is summer we're talking about. Winters must be challenging.

Date: October 05, 2011 03:19PM

Haha yeah LA would be greatsmiling smiley. Are you from the UK originally yourself Hathi4? Just you know our lingo well lol.

Im only high raw vegan these days, although there are times i will revert back to 100% for long periods of time. 100% raw doesn't really work in with my goals as a serious vegan bodybuilder.

But yeah there are no dedicated raw restaurants in Scotland as far as i know so i rely on the supermarkets and markets for produce which is not bad i guess, can be abit expensive at times. What is LA like in regards to Raw?

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Date: October 05, 2011 03:53PM

Nope, from the U.S. However, I'll be moving to the UK soon; hopefully by the end of next year. I'm actually seriously considering moving to Glasgow (I have lots of friends there thus my being hip to your local jive...heh). I'm in the process of obtaining dual Italian citizenship through ancestry which will make me also an EU citizen and able to live, work, etc. in the UK legally, as well as eligible for free Scottish education, so thinking of doing my Masters at Glasgow Uni, too. I adore Britain; her people, her cultures, her history and so forth, so really looking forward to living there permanently.

L.A. makes it pretty darn easy to be raw, I'll be honest; it's full of raw food restaurants and shops, farmers markets, health food stores and a decent co-op in Santa Monica. The only thing I can't get here is organic spinach, rocket and watercress salad mix (my holiday staple)!

Next time you're down south, there are a number of lovely raw food restaurants in London. There are two SAFs (Shoreditch and Kensington), Vitao and Vantra in Soho and my favourite, inSpiral Lounge in Camden. Hopefully I'll be there around the same time and we can, as we say in L.A., do lunch. :-D

Date: October 05, 2011 03:59PM

Nice one hope that goes well for yousmiling smiley.

Ahh yeah ive heard LA is pretty great for health restaurants and such. Must be quite a big thing the health movement over there.

I forgot to say that when you mentioned London, yeah ive heard of a few of them but sadly still never been due to work commitments. But im hoping to go down around Christmas, so have marked out a few raw/vegan restaurants. Must be so easy living healthy when they places are around in abundance, makes eating out here difficult lol.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Date: October 05, 2011 04:31PM

I've veered this far off topic, sorry about that. Please check your PMs, powerlifer. :-)

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 05, 2011 05:10PM

Wow, you two, this was like watching an episode of House Hunters International on HGTV! grinning smiley

Date: October 05, 2011 06:12PM

LOL, I don't know what that is, but the big grin you left lets me think it was complimentary. smiling smiley

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: October 06, 2011 02:56AM

I agree, You guys are very entertaining smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables