Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Raw Clothes
Posted by: Coconana ()
Date: October 06, 2011 04:45PM

Sad clothes:

Jeans
Sweater

Raw Clothes:

Long Johns
Sweats
Warm up pants

Undershirt
Overshirt
Little hoodie
Big Hoodie

Cotton socks
Wool Socks

This is all so I can be too hot so that I still want cold food... my new clever plan.

Is it true that you eventually stop being cold all the time?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Raw Clothes
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 06, 2011 04:51PM

Im not sure you have to watch that it isnt because you are taking in less iodine and other nutrients that are essential with thyroid function.

Im only high raw these days so im not a great gauge for you. Although i have done 100% of raw for long periods of time and never really noticed the cold issue. I do keep my iodine intake rather high from seaweed though.

When i was ill with adrenal and secondary thyroid issues i was freezing all the time.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: Coconana ()
Date: October 06, 2011 05:01PM

you are a wealth of info thank you so much! I dont eat much seaweed its true. I have some iodine though. I'll start adding to smoothies and see if it doesnt improve... how long in your opinion should it take for me to start to notice improvement if it is really an iodine issue?

Date: October 06, 2011 05:15PM

It can depend how low you are in iodine/other nutrient, if it was due to low thyroid function since going raw etc it could be due to other nutrients like i say such as selenium and tyrosine.

If it has happened quickly from normal diet to raw then it may be nothing to do with the above.

I just mentioned it as i do see many with low thyroid function when they do raw for extended periods of time, the typical symptoms such as being cold all the time, hair thinning, fatigue etc.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 06, 2011 08:16PM

powerlifer - i really appreciate your posts and your knowledge. I would just like to make a point though - I have an underactive thyroid that is an immune problem - no amount of iodine is going to make any difference to it. your advice is great for most people but I think you should acknowledge the difference between the two quite different thyroid disorders.

p.s sorry Coconana - way off topic smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2011 08:17PM by flipperjan.

Date: October 06, 2011 08:42PM

flipperjan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> powerlifer - i really appreciate your posts and
> your knowledge. I would just like to make a point
> though - I have an underactive thyroid that is an
> immune problem - no amount of iodine is going to
> make any difference to it. your advice is great
> for most people but I think you should acknowledge
> the difference between the two quite different
> thyroid disorders.
>
> p.s sorry Coconana - way off topic smiling smiley

This is true although most of my other posts usually explain the many different causes of hypothyroidism such as nutrient deficiencies(iodine, selenium & tyrosine), hormonal imbalances such as estrogen dominance, other endocrine disorders such as pituitary disease, adrenal insufficiency, auto-immune hashimotos disease etc when it warrants it.

Just in this case if it happened when going raw or the coldness came on with being raw as is the case when this topic is most often asked rather than existing or undiagnosed thyroid issues, then it is probably more likely to do with a nutrient deficiency such as iodine rather than anything extremely disease happening since going raw.

Im on quite a few raw forums and i cant count how many times i come across people who have been following raw for extended periods of time developing the classic low thyroid symptoms largely due to having no solid dietary iodine source whilst raw. Like i say i didn't feel this post needed explaining about the other causes of hypothyroidism as they likely don't apply, taking the post at face value anyway.

Also just to make clear i only feel iodine and other accompanying thyroid nutrients is a common cause of low thyroid when it comes to raw and vegan diets, largely because many don't consume much if any seaweed which is the only good source of iodine, if your produce is grown in deficient or low iodine soil as alot is then your probably not getting any where near enough to meet the bodies needs. Many naturopaths make the mistake of assuming that iodine deficiency is the cause of all hypothyroidism and these people should be avoided when you see above how many different conditions can cause low thyroid function.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2011 08:53PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: October 06, 2011 09:02PM

coconana-

I have recently come across this form of iodine which I feel is superior to all others. If you decide to supplement, this form will not cause toxicity, as you will only absorb what you need, and your body will not have to break down the other forms most commonly taken, making it much easier on your liver.

I'm using it as drops on my skin, and it is super potent. If you apply a few drops and they soon disappear, your body needs iodine. If you don't need it, you'll see the orange stain remain there.

Iodine deficiency is commonplace in our society due to common environmental toxins we cannot escape. Loading your thyroid with iodine will not only warm you up if you are deficient, but will help to protect you from all sorts of radioctive crap we are all exposed to.

[www.arrowheadhealthworks.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables