Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I want your detox tips
Posted by: Coconana ()
Date: October 08, 2011 05:03AM

I have sore throat and post nasal drip. I'm not sick with "something" either. Do any of you have any secret remedies on this, or is it just bed and orange juice and tea with lemon.

Ow

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I want your detox tips
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 08, 2011 11:22AM

If it is a cold then i would recommend the herb andrographis as it has shown in studies to significantly reduce the duration/symptoms of colds and flu.

But as you feel it isn't coming down with something, staying hydrated with adequate water to keep the toxins moving and good nutrient rich food is probably your best betsmiling smiley.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: October 08, 2011 02:23PM

coconana-

A raw food diet is detoxifying in itself, and what you may be experiencing is just your body releasing toxins. I'm just getting started with a serious commitment to raw, and now that it has been around a month or so of all raw, I can say from my own experience that I have had a whole array of weird symptoms that come and go. So, it could be that this is just part of the process for you. Hang in there smiling smiley

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 08, 2011 03:16PM

To relieve some of the symptoms of the detoxing you might try soaking in a warm tub with added stuff like epsom salts, salt and seaweed, or about 1 oz. of povidone iodine.

You can gargle with a little of the povidone iodine with warm water. I will use a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in a glass of water and drink it. They have food grade hydrogen peroxoide. There's lots of info. on the Internet about all these things.

As stated in above post, drink lots of pure water, green juices help also, and stay the course. Dextox is not fun and you don't want to have to redo what you've already done.

Love,
Prism

Date: October 08, 2011 03:19PM

thats what im saying, it isnt a cold. It's detox. I was wondering if theres any like, secret of the pro's here.

Sounds like water and rest is the best advice anyones got?

I'm going to try to create some kind of trick to get pain relief from this, because if there's one thing I just can't stand, its a sore throat. Anything but a sore throat.

Ow!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 08, 2011 03:19PM

I have just ridden it out with plenty of fluids and rest and moderate exercise. It just needs time. Good luck, and speedy healing smiling smiley

Date: October 08, 2011 04:42PM

Ok I tried the seaweed, and that DID help.

What helped the most was drinking as much water as my stomach could hold a few times.

Sore throat gone!!!!!!!

I was getting ready to gargle white willow bark tea. Glad I didnt have to do that.

Date: October 08, 2011 04:45PM

Seaweeds can be strong cleansers though of heavy metals and other radioactive elements, especially certain types of seaweed which are richer in algins that chelate heavy metals.

For detox the best is upping your intake of watersmiling smiley.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 08, 2011 04:49PM

Drinking warm liquids (of any sort) washes viruses and bacteria out of the mouth and throat just like washing hands gets rid of the same thing.

Date: October 08, 2011 06:08PM

Thank you all for the great tips! I just hate sore throat!!!

Date: October 08, 2011 06:21PM

Sipping on licorice tea is good for a sore throat. Many herbal and spice teas such as ginger are great for easing sore throats.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 08, 2011 06:37PM

Here's a few more tips for some who might need a little comfort in relieving symptoms from detox or illness.

You can add in your tub of water a half bottle of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar and soak. Or add in some hydrogen peroxide in the tub of water and soak. Go easy when first starting out using the peroxide though..start with 1/3 of a large bottle and work up to 1/2.

A neti pot also can help relive sore throats and nasal passages. It cleans out allergens and lubricates the passages.

Fresh lemon squeezed into very warm water with some honey is a wonderful soothing drink and gives you plenty of vitamin C.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: October 08, 2011 06:43PM

For me, when I detox, I just get lots of sleep and drink water, and not try to eat too much.

Date: October 08, 2011 07:02PM

I just want to take a minute before I leave the house today to thank you all for being so supportive and awesome and funny and encouraging... I'm glad I decided to create an account.

(warm fuzzy)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables