Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dental Problem...
Posted by: customagic ()
Date: October 03, 2006 03:07AM

Part of my tooth or my filling just broke off and I have a little hole on the side of my tooth..This tooth already has a big filling and my nerves have already been removed..it was pretty brittle to begin with I think.

I do not want to go to my dentist because he will quite likely shave more of the tooth or make a crown..

If I leave the tooth as it is, the food will get stuck and it is quite uncomfortable.

Is there any good way to deal with this situation?

I would hate to lose more of my tooth...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dental Problem...
Posted by: mimi ()
Date: October 03, 2006 03:45AM

Well, for now a temporary filling would suffice. You can buy it at any drugstore but eventually you probably will need a crown which I am surprised they didn't suggest already. Root canal teeth are very brittle as there is no longer a blood supply to the tooth so most fillings, unless you are fortunate, will crack and sometimes along with the tooth.

Date: October 03, 2006 04:17AM

Mimi,

Thank you for your reply..I will have to find the temporary filling tomorrow.

Is it bad to leave the tooth as it is?

I hate to have anything more done with my tooth..
Is it ture that you can die from cavaties?

Beside I have no dental insurance and it would cost a lot (
more than 1000 dollars if you make a crown) here in NYC...

Posted by: monochromatism ()
Date: October 04, 2006 01:19AM

Yes, it's bad to just leave the tooth as-is.

If you've already had all that work done on it, it sounds like there's not much left. It will get infected, and you don't want an infected tooth hanging out in your mouth - it's very bad for your body as a whole. Best advice I can offer (and cheapest), is just to have it pulled ASAP. Just get rid of it and take very good care of the rest of them.

Date: October 04, 2006 04:19PM

Even if you don't get an infection again, (which most likely you won't if the nerves are gone) if you leave your tooth as is, it will most likely break more. And although it won't hurt, it will be a useless tooth and you will then have to have the piece left extracted. To me that is a bigger waste since you have already invested the money in the root canal.
I totally understand not having insurance and the ridiculous prices dentists charge. It's frustrating!
Hoping you will find a way to save your tooth.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 05, 2006 12:18PM

I am currently 75% raw. I feel great, but recently I have been experienceing gum recession! What should I do and/or eat to remedy this?

Date: October 05, 2006 01:08PM

You should have started a new thread, 75%,so you can get more viewers.
Anyway, once your gums have recessed you cannot make them grow back. It could be a life-time habit of brushing too hard believe it or not. We used to see people with the nicest, cleanest teeth and the gums were healthy but recessing. They were brushing across their gums so hard to get them clean.

Is it all your gums or just a couple spots? Most people would have recession on top right around the "I" teeth and then the teeth become sensitive to air.

If you haven't had a cleaning in a long time and you have tartar on your gumline then the gums will back away but you will also have bleeding gums.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 05, 2006 07:01PM

It's all over, but not severe. I would not have known without closely looking. I go to the dentist once every six months. What concerns me is that I am quite young for this, only 20. Perhaps the brushing can be it, I brush twice daily and have hardly missed for the duration of my life (well, since I could brush).

Posted by: The Vej ()
Date: October 05, 2006 09:26PM

Hey me too! Then I got a softer tooth brush and it seemed to help. But why wouldn't our gums grow back if we stopped brushing so hard? I just got used to it after a while and some of the sensitivity when away but I think a good idea would be to get a very soft tooth brush I guess but I'm no dentist.

Date: October 06, 2006 03:17AM

Well, the way I was taught, gums don't grow back but after reading the Boutenko's book (the first one) where the son said his tooth structure grew in where his fillings popped out, I wouldn't doubt they could.
The proper way to brush as to not injur the gums is to use a softer type brush and push the brush into the gums at a 45 degree angle. All you have to do is gently wiggle the brush into the gum. Brushing across tends to miss certain areas and after years of habit wears the gum away.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 07, 2006 01:38AM

Whatever you do, I hope you will go to a biological-type dentist who will test you for restorative materials that are compatible with your biology. A natural dentist will not use mercury, either. If it was me, I'd have the thing yanked if I could not afford an appropriate dentist to work on me.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 07, 2006 01:50AM

in the olden days they'd probably stuff the hole with bee propolis. but that seems like more of a temporary fix. maybe there's a local dental school who'll provide a new filling at little or no cost as part of an instructive experiment.

Date: October 08, 2006 03:07AM

Thank you for your advice...
I am going to my dentist next week.
I do not think I want to lose the tooth.
I have too many dental work and this problem can happen again.

If it will cost too much money I am going back to Japan (I am from Japan) and get some work done there. I have my insurance and they are much more reasonable than here.

I regret my past eating habit..but I cannot go back to my past to fix it.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 12, 2006 01:36PM

I feel sorry, hope it works out,

Date: October 23, 2006 02:41AM

Hi! I went to the dentist and the dentist found 4 cavities.
He will charge me $2050 to fix all.
They are not even crowns.

I decided to leave them and change my diet.
I am not 100% raw and I was just eating vegitalian for a while.
I am going back to mostly raw now.
Hopefully my teeth will be better soon.

Posted by: Anna67 ()
Date: October 24, 2006 09:25AM

Hi 75%Guy,

I think it may have been on this forum that I read about 'oil pulling'

[www.earthclinic.com]

[curezone.com]

[www.oilpulling.com]

It is supposed to be great for receding gum, making the teeth firm. After tyring it, my guess is that the action is fantastic exercise for the jaw, even more than chewing. The first time I tried it my cheeks were aching and red! So blood comes to the area, allowing healing and repair to take place. OK it won't grow a new tooth, but may help save the others.

Good luck with the dentistry,
Anna

Posted by: monson ()
Date: October 24, 2006 05:51PM

i've posted this link before so you may have already come across it....

[www.doctoryourself.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 25, 2006 03:48AM

hey customagic

good luck
and like the person said above
PLEASE don't get mercury fillings
its known as "silver" fillings but its like 50% mercury (toxic compound u can't even put in landfills so what's it doing in people's teeth?)

drink a lot of chlorophyll
that'll clean and strengthen the blood
its all related cuz it all feeds into the teeth

if u don't want anything to get stuck in there and rot
in the meanwhile
maybe you could make raw soups

or blend all your foods
that could be a temporary solution

but it will fill you up and you'll still be eating something

and heck... u never know
after a while,,, you may just find that other things have improved as well
in the dental area

ya never know

no need to regret the past
it brought u to a delightful present

Date: October 27, 2006 06:02AM

Thank you la_veronique !

So far I am doing very well.

Sometimes I have sensitivity in my tooth but generally OK so far.

Starting raw food again is so much fun.
New recepi..raw cacao (new?) etc.

I eat so much more greens now.
Big salad and green juice.
I feel much healther already.
Thank you for your support!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables