Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Kale salad daily
Posted by: jj2011 ()
Date: October 15, 2011 07:23PM

Hi all,

After watching the video on how to make Kale salad from youtube, I almost eat Kale salad every day. Just wonder whether eating Kale salad is good or not? Will it make my Thyroid bigger?

Thank you.

With a thankful heart

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kale salad daily
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 15, 2011 07:33PM

I will bet you that someone will warn you against eating cruciferous veggies daily (cabbage family). I think that is silly, no offense. To imagine certain produce as "bad" doesn't do it for me. Even when it comes to oxalic acid (beets, Swiss chard, rhubbarb, spinach), raw edible veggies should not pose a problem, according to Norman Walker. He says it's the inorganic (cooked) form that creates crystals or whatever. In any case, I have had beets that were picked too early and the cottony feeling in my mouth was unpleasant. I feel that was oxalic acid and our bodies will tell us if it's not good for us by how it makes us feel or how it tastes.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 15, 2011 07:56PM

If you have am iodine deficiency based thyroid disorder, it will not be good for you to eat this much kale uncooked(cooking destroys the goitergens that interfere with iodine uptake in the thyroid and other glands). I supplement with iodine; others eat seaweed, and have no difficulties with kale and other cruciferi, in spite of past thyroid problems.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 15, 2011 07:59PM

Kale salad with sea veg sounds like a good combo to me!

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 15, 2011 08:03PM

Goitrogens are mostly only a problem in those with existing thyroid disease, at high risk or those who consume extremely large amounts of the goitrogenic vegetables. It is also exacerbated by a low dietary iodine intake.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 18, 2011 03:09PM

i either eat a kale salad daily and/or put kale in my green smoothies. awesome stuff!

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 21, 2011 04:18AM

I heard if you eat the same greens over and over your body gets sick of it.

If you can do it everyday that is great, what is the recipe to your salad. Pictures?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables