Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Freelee shares how to get a flat sexy stomach
Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: December 27, 2011 11:23PM

Oh geez. I think that the message gets lost with the title.

newhoove Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the message is getting lost with everyone
> focusing on Freelee and personally attacking her.
>
> I feel like Newt Gingrich during the GOP debates
> by saying this, but isn't our collective goal for
> better health? We should just take what we want
> from the intended message and use it as a tool to
> enrich our own lives (through acceptance or
> rejection of freelee's beliefs). Why are we
> constantly getting sidetracked with such
> negativity.
>
> Here's what I got from the message:
> 1) I need to drink more water
> 2) Patience and perseverence is key to achieving a
> goal.
>
> Not:
> 1) wow, I'd sleep with her
> 2) are those real?
>
> Geesh, I'm starting to scare myself.
>
> So catty in here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2011 11:34PM by HeavenHands.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: December 27, 2011 11:40PM

HeavenHands Wrote:
> Oh geez. I think that the message gets lost with
> the title.

Exhibit A.

Date: December 27, 2011 11:42PM

No.

BJ Wrote:
> Do you inject B12?

Date: December 30, 2011 07:45AM

I don't like the word 'bitch'- especially when women use it to describe other women (usually with venom!).

Here though, it's permissible IMHO. Freelea is getting the word out about health and animal welfare. If the word 'bitch' attracts people who normally shy away from raw foodist videos because they think they're too new age-y, then the word does a positive job smiling smiley

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 30, 2011 03:25PM

Condoning this behavior does nothing to further hospitable dialogue and generates more heat than light. Using offensive language for shock value to get attention certainly is the antithesis of someone on a spiritual path who sets to lead by example rather than shock value.

Being able to state your position calmly when needed and guide through understatement is both a better marker of spiritual status and also instantly credible then a series of over the top self-serving attention getting media events which dilute the message through appealing to prurient interest.

Am I guilty of being judgemental? Guilty. You play the cards you are dealt. Nothing wrong with being judgmental when the other side is more so in order to establish an equilibrium.

I thought Harley's best video was the one with kangaroos on the lawn. No judgements, just some good clean fun. It spoke of another side, one that needs to be seen more of. Personal experience and less attention getting behavior.

In my opinion, you don't have to use names for shock value to get attention to put your message across. Lots of raw vegan books have sold well without the need to use epithets in the title. So, agree to disagree on that.

80-10-10 itself does a pretty nice job of making its point with candor and understatment without the need for attention getting devices. Agree or disagree, Doug doesn't engage in that type of behavior. More's the pity.

Paul

Posted by: rawjoe ()
Date: December 30, 2011 06:41PM

Harley is no different than the Monarch and Wolfes of the raw food world, he is just looking to make his slice from the raw food movement. The only difference with Durianrider is that he pulls the smoke screen by slandering the supplement sellers and making it look like he is a completely biased view with no vested financial interest.

You will probably have noticed how commercial Harley and Freelea have become recently selling e-books, sound bites, thousands of dollars on bogus unlicensed illegal "mentoring" and  becoming a youtube partner to make money off his videos some of which are just re-spamming other viral videos to increase his money.

No wonder he has a jet set lifestyle where he can fly around the world to exotic countries whenever he pleases. Both of them are a disgrace to the raw food movement, 80/10/10 and Doug Graham. I wouldn't trust Harley running my bath let alone paying him two thousand dollars for 30 days of illegal health mentoring. Cheap, tacky, vulgar and offensive come to mind.

Date: December 31, 2011 03:11PM

RawJoe - Their website looks like it takes a lot of work so I personally don't begrudge them trying to make a few quid from ebooks and mentoring. Everyone does it. They have to pay for bananas, remember? smiling smiley

Date: December 31, 2011 03:36PM

Of course i have no problem with anyone looking to earn a crust he has to live. The problem is that Harley acts as if he has no vested financial interest in what he preaches. Most of the members over at 30BAD are extremely gullible in thinking otherwise but even some are starting to twig how commercial both are becoming.

I also take offense to how Harley talks to and treats young woman with eating disorders. Harley most of the time is nothing more than a vile vain ego driven bully. Freelea used to come over quite nice in her videos a year back but now is just nothing more than the male version of DurianRider, vain, tacky, cheap and comes off quite brash.

Date: January 01, 2012 12:29AM

I think there's a big difference in selling coaching, and changing ones dietary advice depending on the latest superfood fad in order to cash in. A lot of 'gurus' switch from vegan to vegetarian to omni and move from cacao to algae to greens and back and forth. There's nothing wrong in these raw foodists discovering what works for them but when they're writing articles and books that constantly contradict the last, it means they're basing their advice on very short term diet changes and become authorities in indecision rather than health.

I like that durian rider and freelea stick to one message and they both look fit and healthy smiling smiley

Date: January 01, 2012 05:44PM

The decisive mind circa 1970: "File cabinets are the only and best way to store information."

Indecisive Bill gates circa 1970: "I'm not sure, but there's got to be a better way to share and store information. File cabinets are okay, and they do work for some people, but I'd like something a bit more efficient. I'll keep using file cabinets, but I also want to start experimenting with other things."

The decisive mind speaking to Bill Gates circa 1970: "You'll never find anything better than file cabinets."

Indecision, in this context, is one of the mothers of innovation and progress. Decisively living inside a narrow box for one's whole life is what we call fundamentalism. I'm going with the former thank you.

suspendedindefinitely Wrote:
> I think there's a big difference in selling
> coaching, and changing ones dietary advice
> depending on the latest superfood fad in order to
> cash in. A lot of 'gurus' switch from vegan to
> vegetarian to omni and move from cacao to algae to
> greens and back and forth. There's nothing wrong
> in these raw foodists discovering what works for
> them but when they're writing articles and books
> that constantly contradict the last, it means
> they're basing their advice on very short term
> diet changes and become authorities in indecision
> rather than health.
>
> I like that durian rider and freelea stick to one
> message and they both look fit and healthy smiling smiley

Date: January 01, 2012 09:50PM

Lol! That made me smile smiling smiley

But I stick by my guns! I prefer to see people succeeding rather than failing, and I'd rather seek advice from someone who looks healthy and glowing and raving about how great their diet is, than from someone who looks ill and unhappy and only has anecdotes about all the crazy back and forth diet changes they do.

Date: January 01, 2012 09:59PM

Depends how you define health suspendedindefinitely. Harley to me doesn't look anywhere near the picture of health. He is mentally unstable, hate filled bully behaviour and often acts like he is tweaked out on drugs in his videos.

Doug Graham is a better role model for 80/10/10

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: January 02, 2012 06:14PM

I don't think it's catty to ask if someone has breast implants. I honestly don't know, and I'm not one to assume without knowing just because her breasts look like that. Maybe she's just naturally blessed? (No one has answered the question so I guess no one else knows either)

It matters though, because I'm not very down to listen to someone who is claiming to know about health if they have implants. Nothing healthy or natural about those.

Date: January 02, 2012 07:56PM

Okay but the earth can't sustain 7 billion (and growing) cardio-junkies eating 4000 calories of well-traveled soil depleting hybrid fruits and greens on a daily basis. 80/10/10 is fine, but it's nether the diet nor the lifestyle of the future. Try to understand that some people are trying to find a sustainable and enlightened diet. Writing them off as wishy-washy is not good. So everyone who's not 80/10/10 looks ill and unhappy? Like who? Me?

> Lol! That made me smile smiling smiley
>
> But I stick by my guns! I prefer to see people
> succeeding rather than failing, and I'd rather
> seek advice from someone who looks healthy and
> glowing and raving about how great their diet is,
> than from someone who looks ill and unhappy and
> only has anecdotes about all the crazy back and
> forth diet changes they do.

Date: January 03, 2012 07:57AM

> So
> everyone who's not 80/10/10 looks ill and unhappy?
> Like who? Me?

I never said that. I starting posting in this thread because of the huge amount of posts attacking durianrider and freelee. Now I'm having words put in my mouth?

I like durianrider & freelea. This doesn't mean I think everyone else looks hideous in comparison.

Date: January 03, 2012 08:08AM

I think 80-10-10 is sustainable for a lot of people. For someone in Scandinavia, probably not.

And please don't say 'try to understand...'. That's very patronising and suggests that I have judged people in my former posts in this thread. I didn't.

Date: January 03, 2012 02:49PM

Yeah, not judgmental at all. Thanks for this conversation and have a nice life.

> I think 80-10-10 is sustainable for a lot of
> people. For someone in Scandinavia, probably not.
>
>
> And please don't say 'try to understand...'.
> That's very patronising and suggests that I have
> judged people in my former posts in this thread. I
> didn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 02:49PM by HeavenHands.

Date: January 03, 2012 06:31PM

Charming!

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 10, 2012 09:17AM

Fruit does a body GOOD! smiling smiley

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables