Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Proof 80/10/10 makes you fat and sedentary.
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: October 30, 2011 02:42AM

Here it is. I was wrong.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Proof 80/10/10 makes you fat and sedentary.
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 30, 2011 02:31PM

This was a real pick-me-up--thanks for posting!

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: October 30, 2011 02:47PM

I agree with eating tons and tons of fruit. My only problem is when some in the 80/10/10 crowd are so vehement that everyone has to do it *exactly* this very specific way. It's over the top. For one thing, our bodies are different. For another thing, we live in very different climate zones, which affect our protein and fat needs significantly. And, lastly, not everyone is interested in being a super-crazy athlete and wishes to put so much of our lives into that. But, overall, all the power to the high-fruit eaters. I'm one myself. In the house at the moment I have papayas, persimmons, fresh dates, mangoes, mamey sapotes, and a jackfruit on the way. However, salads don't work for my body. This is out of line with the strict 80/10/10 code. Whatever... I'm listening to my own individual body and its needs, which change somewhat seasonally, as I live in a cold climate.

Good for the 80/10/10 athletes, but if you chilled out a bit and were less dogmatic I think you'd reach more people with a pro-fruit message. There are blissful ways to live that don't fall 100% within your "lifestyle" code.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: October 31, 2011 08:00AM

Cherimoya, did I read that correctly? If so, you're like me. Salads don't work for my body either. About the only thing that seems to really help my body do OK with greens is fasting twice a week, which is pretty extreme.

I do great with fruits, and I eat a lot. But since I can't eat much greens, I eat more nuts/seeds for minerals.

I wonder how many other people have this issue.

Date: October 31, 2011 12:23PM

Hey, suncloud, that's pretty much my situation. I don't find salads palatable, for whatever reason (I've read that this is one area where our bodies differ a lot, salads). I can do a few raw veggies blended with nuts and seeds, so sometimes I do recipes with veggies and nuts. My all-time favorite is the raw "mashed taters" out of a gabriel cousens book, which is a cauliflower, macadamia nut and pine nut blend with garlic and spices.

But mostly I eat tons of fresh tropical fruit. In the winter in the cold (here in New England) I have greater protein and fat needs, so I do my best to listen to those. I know quite a few folks who don't take to salad.

Date: October 31, 2011 05:21PM

Hi omega. Sorry I goofed up wiith your name. And I've known you here for forever! Late night is my excuse.

I might try that "mashed taters" recipe. Thanks for the info!

Date: November 01, 2011 03:56AM

That was a fun video! Liked it!

(IMO, there's a little more to healthy nutrition than "eat fruit", but it's definitely a good starting place for most. Not all though - which I think is important to keep in mind.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2011 03:59AM by suncloud.

Date: November 01, 2011 02:59PM

There's a lot more than "eat fruit." Yesterday I found my body not craving fruit at all, actually. And in the winter I naturally de-prioritize fruit. The biggest thing is being open to your body's changing needs.

From memory here's the recipe for "raw mashed taters," which is always a *huge* hit with friends and family, eaters of all persuasions.

1 cup cauliflower
1 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
1 1/2 tablespoons italian seasoning (the secret ingredient)
1/2 tablespoon garlic (I think, maybe a whole)
a little sea salt
black pepper to taste
tablespoon or so of olive oil
Blend in Vitamix.

It's a rich, main course type of meal, but YUM. Watch SAD people put down whatever they're consuming and go for seconds of it. "This is raw?!" My parents never stop talking about my raw food potluck they attended two years ago. "We thought it was just gonna be like- carrots. But that was delicious!"

There's another macadamia nut-based recipe that's a big hit. Blend macadamia nuts with lemon and garam masala to make a sauce, then spread it over cauliflower with cilantro sprinkled on top. Dehydrate it (if you choose). People go nuts for it, with the garam masala....

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: November 01, 2011 04:14PM

Thank you. This is just the kind of stuff I need to nudge my people closer and closer to raw. I got hungry just reading that recipe.

omega-3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's a lot more than "eat fruit." Yesterday I
> found my body not craving fruit at all, actually.
> And in the winter I naturally de-prioritize fruit.
> The biggest thing is being open to your body's
> changing needs.
>
> From memory here's the recipe for "raw mashed
> taters," which is always a *huge* hit with friends
> and family, eaters of all persuasions.
>
> 1 cup cauliflower
> 1 cup pine nuts
> 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
> 1 1/2 tablespoons italian seasoning (the secret
> ingredient)
> 1/2 tablespoon garlic (I think, maybe a whole)
> a little sea salt
> black pepper to taste
> tablespoon or so of olive oil
> Blend in Vitamix.
>
> It's a rich, main course type of meal, but YUM.
> Watch SAD people put down whatever they're
> consuming and go for seconds of it. "This is
> raw?!" My parents never stop talking about my raw
> food potluck they attended two years ago. "We
> thought it was just gonna be like- carrots. But
> that was delicious!"
>
> There's another macadamia nut-based recipe that's
> a big hit. Blend macadamia nuts with lemon and
> garam masala to make a sauce, then spread it over
> cauliflower with cilantro sprinkled on top.
> Dehydrate it (if you choose). People go nuts for
> it, with the garam masala....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables