Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

advice on attaining awesome health again...?
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 31, 2011 04:25AM

to make a long story short
there was a leak in the house
got it fixed
but i also inhaled a lot of mold spores
and my breathing and probably other stuff was affected
i'm used to having purty great health
and i aim to have outstanding health
once again

what can i do to reverse this?
so far , the ideas i have is drinking cilantro juice and other chlorophyllic juices
probably go on a juice fast

any other ideas?
what will kill the mold internally?

will garlic do it?

all advice tips insights ponderings

fully welcome

thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: advice on attaining awesome health again...?
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: October 31, 2011 07:21AM

Oh gosh,

I hope you're well again soon!

I have no idea about advice to give you, except maybe try and get lots of fresh air and exercise to move lots of clean air through your system. Wish I had a more answers!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 31, 2011 01:20PM

Oh goodness.
I can relate.
I had some black mold growing in my basement.
It didnt get my health though,and I sprayed it all with bleach and got a dehumidifier.
Make sure where ever it was growing gets sprayed to heck with bleach water,and you have a way to keep things dry.It should get rid of it.

I agree a juice fast would be a good idea.
And get plenty of fresh air.

Vinny

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 31, 2011 03:11PM

Hi La V,

I was thinking along the same lines as Suncloud ( hi Suncloud). I was thinking running in fresh air might help.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 31, 2011 04:27PM

la_v,

Fresh air and lots of green juices, and like Vinny says, make sure for sure that all the nasty spores are gone from your home. Speedy healing to you! smiling smiley

P.S. Buy a painter's mask at the hardware store and keep it somewhere handy for the next time something like this happens, OK?

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: October 31, 2011 05:22PM

Well hi pakd! Long time no see! Hope you and your beautiful family are well.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: November 01, 2011 03:25AM

Thanks Suncloud. We are doing well. Missed you guys.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: November 02, 2011 02:09AM

Dear la_veronique,

Molds require lower PH (acidic) environment, for example see
[aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu]

So a common sense argument would be that a healthy raw fruit-based diet, which is known to be alkalizing (cooked foods are acidifying, animal products in particular), as well as rest (stress, tiredness is acidifying), should be a good strategy.

Gabriel Cousens did some lab analysis, which he reported in one of his book, from which it was apparent that after going raw, the level of molds in the body reduces dramatically.

Taka care,
Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 06, 2011 04:59AM

Celery juice is supposed to be a good lung helper smiling smiley

so sorry LaV that this happened to you i hope you got all the mold/mildew cleaned up and you are feeling better soon ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 08, 2011 07:15PM

Hell, I'd be more worried about the bleach that's used to kill the mould. In another life, I used to suppliment my income with the occasional house clean using a mixture of bleach, detergent and water. I never used a mask due to the extreme heat of the climes where mould is a constant problem. I developed asthma which never eased until I moved to another state.

Anyway, if you want to help prevent mould, a tip I can give is to add vinegar to the rinse water after you have used the bleach. It prevents mould from taking hold again for quite some time.

cheers,
geo

Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: November 09, 2011 12:04AM

live in something non cellulose. i do architecture if you want something amazing designed specific to your bio region... ,

life vs lifelessness

Date: November 10, 2011 06:57AM

hi all

thank you so much for all the advice

pakd... great 2 see ya again!
tamukha suncloud and eaglefly... thanks for the great advice! yep, fresh air is a good thing, dehumidifier is also great advice... i definitely dried the region and also disinfected with vinegar

geo... sorry about your lungs... i did vinegar.. did not take any chances with bleach.

diogenez

thanks for letting me know about your services
maybe i'll consider that one of these days
and have an amaaaaaazing vital domain smiling smiley

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 14, 2011 04:12PM

Best website I have found about mold:
[www.mold-help.org]

I came back to edit this post due to reading up on the mold website since it's been a few years I'd been there. So, take what you want from it, leave the rest.

I used bulk loose charcoal to make charcoal slurries and drank those for a few months. You can do some research on using those for your body/brain issues with regard to mold. I also did Chinese Herbal Teas that I got from a teaching school in Portland, Oregon. You might look up the school and try to find a practicing herbalist from their list. [ocom.edu]

I'm still affected neurologically due to my 10 month exposure to black toxic mold. But I'm started to feel better after 3 years. I don't fall as often or am not feeling off balance as much. Most of my symptoms are gone or lessened.

Let us know your symptoms and how they progress or get helped with what you try out.

Love,
Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2011 04:18PM by Prism.

Date: November 14, 2011 06:34PM

Oh, Prism, I hope you have a full recovery soon smiling smiley

Posted by: Quaya ()
Date: November 17, 2011 05:05AM

The plumber who helped us syphon out our basement after Hurricane Irene told us he takes colloidal silver to combat the negative effects of mold and other toxins he is exposed to.

Good luck and good health to you.

Date: November 18, 2011 01:22AM

prism

charcoal slurry and chinese herbs? thanks.. i'll definitely do some research into that

quaya

cool name
colloidal silver.. that sounds interesting.. will check up on that neat item as well

i've been doing better and since my intent is to have even better more exquisite health than when this incident started... well, it is inevitable that it will happen...

its written in the stars

i always get what i want smiling smiley

Date: November 18, 2011 06:44PM

Yay, la_veronique!smiling bouncing smiley

Date: November 19, 2011 10:58AM

that's RIGHT!! TAMUKHS!

Posted by: vegmichelle ()
Date: November 21, 2011 02:41AM

Mold spores are terrible, they can silently ruin health if no action is taken against them. My advice would be to completely eliminate any source of spores. If necessary, you might need to move somewhere else until your home is purified. Once you have eliminated mold exposure, your body should start recovering on its own. You can help it by consuming a lot of immunity boosting foods (sprouts, leafy greens, berries), and just let your body work its natural magic. Make sure you get a lot of fresh, oxygen-rich air as well.

Also make sure that there is no more mold in hidden parts of the house where you might have missed it the first time around. If you keep on feeling bad even after purifying your house, then it is likely that not all the spores were killed.

best of luck!

Keeping it raw at [rawfoodhealthwatch.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables