Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My exzema is driving me crazy!
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: October 04, 2006 10:30AM

I have been using aloe vera gel topically, and have been eating plenty of ground flax seeds. it has become horrible, bleeding, peeling, blistering.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My exzema is driving me crazy!
Date: October 04, 2006 04:28PM

i'll pee-pee on my hand. maybe that will help!

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: October 04, 2006 04:34PM

Possibly the aloe is keeping it too moist. I'd try something else, since it has gotten worse. Yeah, try the pee pee. You never know!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: October 04, 2006 05:19PM

Are there any probiotics that you can take? Or have you ever heard of kefir? I have mentioned it a few times on here. Kefir can be made with any type of juice. If you want more info about it, just let me know. It is amazing stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2006 05:20PM by Yogamama.

Date: October 04, 2006 05:27PM

thanks alive- i'll keep it dry! i think it's got worse since my hands have been wet alot from raw food preperation and washing up (although I use gloves)!

how do i make kefir from juice yogamama? is that what hippocrates institute made from wheat berries? cos i thought that this was now out of favour?

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: October 04, 2006 08:59PM

I had a daughter who had that for at least a year, it went away when I tried to increase her fat intake and food intake in general - not because of the exzema but because I thought she needed to grow more. I specifically increased her vanilla Rice Dream milk consumption.

It may have just been a coincidence.

There are also many reasons for exzema and just as many cures.

I also topically put Desitin diaper rash ointment all over her poor little body, it was the best thing that I tried out of a dozen or so things I tried.

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: October 04, 2006 09:01PM

Hi Rosemary,

Have you tried calendula gel or calendula cream from the health food store? My grandson has exzema, and the calendula seems to work really well to prevent it and to heal exzema patches. It also helps keep down the itching. The calendula doesn't work so well if the exzema has become seriously infected. I think maybe the gel is a little stronger than the cream. That may be good or bad, depending on your skin. You might try both to see which works better.

We also tried aloe vera, and it didn't work nearly as well as the calendula.

Also, kukui nut oil is supposed to be good for exzema, although I've never tried it.

Hope you fell better soon.

Best wishes, -Ally

Date: October 04, 2006 09:41PM

thanks ally I'll try that for sure!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 04, 2006 09:49PM

My college age son came home on summer vacation with that problem. He'd not had it before going to college..and I didn't notice anything until this year..his senior year.

Of course he was on his own, eating and doing more drinking than he'd ever done before. He has it on his chest, stomach and back.

I bought a super B Vitamin for him to take. Zinc oxide to use topically..from the health food store. And witch hazel for after showers, etc.

He said it's getting better. He's improved his eating and laid off much of the liquer which is hard on your liver.

Love,
Prism

Date: October 04, 2006 09:53PM

thanks prism, i'll mull that over.

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: October 05, 2006 04:45PM

many years ago i made a salve for my friends daughter who had severe exzema. i warmed some apricot kernal oil, sweet almond oil and coconut butter, melted some beeswax into it so it would stiffen up, and then put it in a gallon glass jar filled with dried chickweed. then i let it sit in the sun for about 8 hours. afterwards, i squeezed it through cheese cloth and put it into jars. since it had no preservatives i kept the jars in the fridge. this little girl said that it was the only thing that gave her any relief at all.

hope you find some relief soon!!

peace,
mish

Date: October 05, 2006 04:49PM

chickweed salve. thanks mish. i will look into that when i get home.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables