Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What is best way for Omega 3 absorption from flax.
Posted by: donone0750 ()
Date: November 08, 2011 01:40AM

Best absorption of Omega-3 :
1. buy oil.
2. soak flax in water 4 to 24 hours
3.ground and consume right a way..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is best way for Omega 3 absorption from flax.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 08, 2011 03:10AM

Sprout flax the same as chia, soak until goopy (overnight will do it), spread on the outside of a clean new terracotta pot, mist twice daily and harvest when the shoots have 2 green leaves (4-6 days). Otherwise you can soak them overnight and make crackers the next day.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 08, 2011 11:31AM

coco,

Ingenious!

Date: November 08, 2011 12:23PM

I picked up a few things working at the sprouty house smiling smiley. Really though, just think chia pet.

Date: November 09, 2011 01:31AM

Terracotta pots DO hold water, you can soak the pot for an hour or so before spreading the seeds on it if you like. The thickness of laying doesn't matter really, not too thick or thin, however it will stick. They breathe just fine, they are only in the gel that they produce themselves. Mist twice daily, don't soak them and don't let them get too dry. You can look for a chia pet in the thrift store, I've found them there (we had a scooby doo, now we've got the classic lamb). They are a bit easier to stick the seed gel on because they're grooved all over the outside. You can fill them with water too so they don't dry out.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 09, 2011 01:47AM

It would probably work to buy a terra cotta bowl, like for growing basil, and to invert it for spreading with the seed mix:

[www.homedepot.com]

Posted by: tracysoria ()
Date: November 09, 2011 10:42AM

The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts.

Prescription Drugs

Date: November 09, 2011 12:40PM

Terracotta is a natural clay, there shouldn't be anything added to it but if you were concerned you could call the manufacturer to be sure. Better yet, you can find terracotta and make your own pot, of pay a potter to do so. Let me check with my pot head friends and get back to you grinning smiley

Date: November 09, 2011 04:42PM

Yes, this is exactly how to do that. You can also try it in soil but that part isn't necessary, it's fairly messy too. If you wish to give your sproutlettes some nutrition you can mix liquid kelp into the water you spray them with. They are fine to grow to small leaf stage without it though, the seeds contain all they need to nourish themselves that far.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 11, 2011 10:06PM

I like to add in a little lecithin when consuming fatty foods.

I have suffered in the past from fat malabsorption problems and was deficient on vitamins A, D, E and fatty acids.

Date: November 19, 2011 04:07PM

Even soaking isn't ideal. lt's by far the best to sprout it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables