Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruit cleanse?
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 08, 2011 11:35PM

My partner actually wants to do a week of just eating fruit the week after next. Is this a good idea? He wants to do it for internal 'cleansing'. Basically without any transition before or after, at least that is my impression of what he had in mind. Then going back to his regular habits. I don't fully understand it, I will have to clearify what he wants to do. Then I can decide if I want to do it also.

I would like some input as to what to expect, and if its a good idea. Or are there any unseen problems with with a week of fruit eating for someone that usually eats an omni diet, although a pretty healthy omni diet thats generally low fat. Hes more 'vegetarian', or rather less animal eating than the regular omni diet. Hes thin, and is very active, but prone to getting anemia. What does anyone think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruit cleanse?
Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: November 08, 2011 11:45PM

you will feel like you are on mushrooms and your cheek bones will pop out for a bit till you get some essential fatty acids

life vs lifelessness

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 09, 2011 01:21AM

I don't think it will cause problems, but a week prolly isn't long enough to see any major benefits.

Date: November 09, 2011 01:43AM

How long might it take to actually notice any difference? For one to be convinced that it really helps?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 09, 2011 01:48AM

For me, it was about a month. And I had been a vegetarian for years, years.

Date: November 09, 2011 02:30AM

wow

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: November 09, 2011 03:12AM

If someone who's cooked jumps into an all produce diet they will experience detox symptoms. Their level of toxicity will determine the intensity. It could be anything from mood swings to insomnia to vomiting to low-grade fever. I'd say read the section in Morse's book on detox and make sure that he gets plenty of calories. When I first detoxed I experienced symptoms within 3 days and it was not pretty. It took me about a month to start to emerge at the other end.

Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: November 09, 2011 03:15AM

good thing i have not had meat and very little cooked food in my life, thus is the benefit of having a mother who has been raw since 1974 at the ann wigmore cult

life vs lifelessness

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: November 09, 2011 03:31AM

I agree with Tamukha and HeavenHands.

A week probably won't do much but get him into some heavy detoxing that he won't have enough days to complete.

Date: November 09, 2011 04:12PM

Great ideas and comments everyone. Thank you. We have both been doing something very close to a dairy vegetarian diet. I suppose the next move is probably to go vegan with perhaps some cooked stuff? Before doing a fruit diet? I had gone completely raw and vegan a few years ago, basically without any transition, and after doing some intense'detox' I really freaked out. Waking up with sweats, a nightmare and a fever. I woke up crying. My partner discouraged me from doing anything more raw, as he thought it was a result of doing a 'strange diet', and missing nutrients or something like that. But now he wants to do a 'cleanse'. Weird.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: November 09, 2011 08:18PM

marsh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree with Tamukha and HeavenHands.
>
> A week probably won't do much but get him into
> some heavy detoxing that he won't have enough days
> to complete.

I would agree also!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables